Chapter 12: A tainted thought creates Tainted ink

Poison (Thanks for Nothing) - Jayn
Panic Room - Au/Ra
Housewife Radio - Ghost and Pals

Ink grits his teeth as he seethes in anger. "Bani! Just accept defeat! You can't do this! You don't know the consequences of having more than one Star Sans team in a multiverse!"

Bani lets out an insane chuckle as they hold the paper close to their chest. They stagger off to the side before staring directly at Ink. "Oh, I do! I love the chaos! It would be entertaining to watch! A fun game to me, you are all the game pieces and I am the player! I'll have fun watching you tear each other apart!" They grit their teeth as they narrow their eyes at them. "Everything will be the way I want it to be!" They smile as they stare at Ink and Dream. "Pairings the way I want them to be! Stories the way I want them to be! They will be correct, and none of this bad with the good! Good should fight for their love, and hold them close. Preserve them, and make sure that no one else can have them. Even if they have to use underhanded tactics." Bani coos as they continue to stare at Dream and Ink. The two of them look between each other before looking back at Bani.

Dream gulps before speaking. "What do you mean?"

Bani turns to Dream. "Dreamy~ I noticed your crush on my favorite toy." Bani coos as they step closer to the window and Ink pushes Dream behind him before getting into a protective stance. He may not have his Broomie, but he knows how to fight without it. "I noticed it in multiple multiverses. I was pissed at other creators. They didn't step in. Not when Error started dating Ink. Not when almost every other fucking Multiverse had Ink dating those, foul, abominations!" Ink growls at Bani. "They either encouraged it or they just let them be! That isn't right! I wanted Dream with Ink! I want it! I want it! I WANT IT!"

They stomp their foot on the ground and everyone stares at them in disgust. This was an all-powerful creator? Most believed them to be... Kind, hurting, trying, patient, brave, true, proud, and maybe somewhat bad. But this? They're acting like a spoiled child. One throwing a tantrum about not getting what they wanted. Oppressive as well. No wonder Ink turned his back on them a while ago. Ink glares at them with a hatred none of them have seen. Dream stumbles back, yes he liked Ink, but he was happy that Ink could make the other three the happiest he's seen them. Yes, it hurt, but he willingly stepped aside to see the four of them the happiest they've ever been. The happiest his brother has ever been. He would never try and "fix" what was never broken. Dream continues to stumble back as thoughts and questions fill his head until he falls and Cross catches him and holds him close. Bani stares and growls.

"No! That's all wrong! I want Dream and Ink together! Ink belongs to Dream! That's how it's supposed to be! I will have it be that way! This multiverse is trash!" They look back at the paper. "But it's okay. I can fix it! I helped this Dream get their Ink. Even if it meant he had to rip him apart. I helped him put Ink back together into the best pet he could be! All it took was Dream's faith in me!" Dream looks ready to throw up along with everyone else. Pet? They turn to the paper as they hear a faint familiar wail of pain. Bani growls. "Be quiet! I helped all of you! I made sure that everyone belongs to who they were supposed to! Dream and Ink! Blue and Lust!" Sage growls lowly with a glare promising death at the mention of Lust. "Error, Nightmare, and Killer can all be together I guess. But there is perfection in their stories now! Even if it did corrupt them-"

"You W H A T. Bani, tell me that you did not taint those Stars."

Bani only giggles. "I can be in control and play with my toys here!" They grab onto Ink's soul and everyone gasps as they start to pull him towards the window as they draw closer. "I can show you what you're missing!" Nightmare, Killer, and Error all grab onto Ink. "And then! I can make it a reality if I merge it with the code!" The others hurry to help hold Ink. They slow the pull as much as they can, causing only half of Ink to be through the glass. "All I need is some of your code to show them! And then, I can merge the rest! And if you won't give it, then I'll just take it!"