Chapter 18: Never trust the voices of creators

Voices - Derivakat

Error whimpers before falling onto Nightmare's side. Fear takes hold of him, holding him down as he tries to think of something. What can he do? He's just the destroyer. He can't compete with creators. Ink is strong enough to do that, but if he's struggling... What can he do? He can't do anything. How weak has he gotten? Or is he just being realistic? He can't tell anymore. Error squeezes his sockets shut, he doesn't want to be here. He wants to go home.

Just accept it, Error. We get what we want.

Error grits his teeth as he covers his skull, a futile attempt to hide from the creators once more. He looks away from everyone and glares at the ground with more tears threatening to fall. He hates feeling like this. So helpless and hopeless. A part of his soul starts to beat in panic, but he can't bring himself to focus on it.

Shush it. He wants to save his love.

Blue looks up at the voice. Soft and warm. Do some of them want to help them? So there are good creators out there... Or are these the ones that only observe other creators' stories? What are they called? Viewers? Readers? Perhaps it's both. Maybe they can get some help, get some of them to help Ink.

Aw, that's kinda cute. We should help him!

Dream looks up in hope. Yes, they need help. They want help. They need to help Ink. He mouths the word help, not finding himself able to say the word. Tears fill his sockets as he mouths help again. He's so desperate for help. They need so much help. He wants all of this to be a dream. Just a bad dream that he'll wake up from. One that he'll cry out and Ink would rush to his side along with Blue, Lust, and Outer. And they would comfort him as Cross gets them tea. He wants that to be the truth, but he knows that it would never be just a dream. Dreams don't hurt like this.

What? No! We just got our Ink back. I'm not gonna give him away so soon.

Killer's face falls before he scowls. Of course, some creators are horrid. He isn't surprised, look at his AU. Look at Dust's and Horror's AUs. Error's and Nightmare's stories.

Look at Ink.

Most of them have creators that love to watch them suffer and struggle. Ones who write no happy ending for them. That they deserve to wallow in anger, hurt, depression, insanity, and emotionlessness. He turns his skull away. He wants their Ink back. Ink had written such a nice ending for them, one not yet finished. One he wants to finish together. It isn't selfish of him to want that. It's what he deserves after the horrible story he had to go through nearly alone.

Bleh, who even ships ErrorInk? That's gross and overdone.

Error flinches. He loves Ink. So much that he doesn't want anyone else. He loves the relationship he has now. With Killer, Nightmare, and Ink. Why would anyone wish to tear that apart? Why do they want him not to want Ink? Is it because they're opposites? It just makes sense for them, the balance would be more intact and stable in a healthy way. Ink is their light at the end of their dark tunnels, their happily ever after is with Ink. That's what Error wants. That's what they want. How could other creators just blatantly hate a relationship like that? They are happy, and if those creators don't like to see them happy, then they can leave.

Go suck a rat.

Error isn't sure where that voice came from, but he cracks a smile. Whoever said that is amazing.

Shut up! No one asked you! And stay out of it! We don't want another FlowerFell to happen!

Nightmare nods in agreement. Who the hell was this voice to say that Error couldn't love who he loves? They're not in charge of Error's life. It's Error's life! Not theirs! Even if he was their "toy" they don't get to say anything about every part of his life. Yet the mention of a FlowerFell makes him wonder if he forgot someone. He isn't sure.