Contacting a Past Life pt.2

He stands. On his feet. He's on his feet. Something is wrong. He's standing up, but something is wrong. Has his feet always been this small? They're tiny! He remembers his shoe size was at least a size 9 if he was correct. These shoes are almost the same size as Ink's. He stares down at them before realizing that he's bent in half. He doesn't remember bending over.

Slowly, he stands up completely. He can see so much. See. He can see again. How long has it been since he could see? He takes a breath, it feels good to breathe. He can feel their soul beating in his ribcage. He looks at his hands, flexing them as he studies them. These aren't his hands. They're smaller, harder than his. His hands were a lot bigger, they used to dwarf Ink's hands. He clenches them into fists. So much stronger than his were before. He can feel the strength in his body. His bones seem a little denser, bigger. They're stronger. He doesn't remember training or weight training to get to this level.

He brings a hand to his face. Softer, the features are softer. His jaw isn't as sharp as it was before. A baby face? He's never had one before. Suddenly, it hits him, he has depth perception. He lets out a laugh in surprise. He can see out of both eyes. How long has it been since he could see out of both eyes? He could cry, his skull was intact. His magic isn't covering him anymore like fire. He takes in a breath before gripping his scarf-

His scarf was never baby blue.

His scarf was navy blue mixed with royal blue. His blue. HIS blue! What is he wearing? This isn't his armor. What- Why is the floor closer than before? Is he shorter?! No! No! No! He was so much taller before! He swears it! He stumbles back a little as he looks around. Where the hell is he? He almost wants to laugh again, out of one prison and into another. His gaze falls on the group barely hidden by the dome of ink.

Huh.

That's new. He's never seen them before. They seem to be talking, but he can't hear them through the solid ink. Huh, that seems like something that his Ink would be able to do. The thought makes him wilt. How long has he been gone? Ink must be so heartbroken. They were about to get married. Well... He's back now, and they can still get married! It'll just be a little later than they planned. Ink will be so happy that he's back. He must have been so lonely this whole time, with no one else to have close. He smiles at the thought. Oh stars above, the two of them will finally have the happily ever after he's always dreamed of. Well, it'll be without Gin, but still. To live forever with Ink until the multiverse ends.

He sighs dreamily at the idea of a family with Ink. Oh, he'll find a way out of here. He must. He has to if he wants that dream to come true. He looks around again, this time paying attention to the room. It's all covered in ink, everything. It's almost as if everything is made of ink... Does that mean his Ink is here? Did he make this room? He grins, he must be closer than he thought. Ink has the power to fix everything. Ink can make everything right. He has the soul of the Multiverse if he remembers properly. Didn't he say that he would split it in half so he's never tempted to use it?

If he remembers correctly, Ink did say that. So, Ink should at least have one half on him at all times, and if Ink is here. Half of his prize is already here. The other must be somewhere safe... But he swears he saw it here. Where did he see it? In that glimpse. When he was in this body last... He saw that half. He saw it for a moment... in a pair of hands. Those hands were multicolored. He looks back at the group staring at him, now in distrust. He tilts his skull as he straightens. He doesn't remember hunching over.

Focus.