A Crow to a Flock pt.4

The scream jolts the two of them as they turn to the door that the sans had left. Lust swallows back a shriek. They watch in horror as Blue drags himself out of the doorway, tears in his sockets as he screams as loud as he can. His gloves are torn to shreds from how much he's digging into the floor to keep going. His skull has more than one small hairline fracture. His nasal cavity is leaking blood and one arm seems to be bent wrong. Reaper swallows the muffin that tries to make its way back up. Adrenaline is one hell of a drug. Blue screams for Swap(?) to come back. His gloves are covered in ink and blood as he continues to drag himself out of the door before Dream picks him up, refusing to let him go. Lust is the first to break out of shock.

"Blue! Dream!" He runs over to the group of people coming out from the door with injuries. The two look over at their friend as Lust picks them up into a hug, pulling them onto the floor. "We're here to help!" Dream curls into Lust with a whimper as Blue bursts into sobs as Lust moves to set his arm in place.

"Thank you!" Blue can barely breathe as his face grows blue as he sobs in relief at the sight of help. It feels like years since the last time he's seen his friend. "Thank you!" He leans against Lust as he starts to heal the bad break.

Nightmare and Killer look at Reaper with gratitude as he moves to pick up Error from Killer's back. "Reaper, Lust," Nightmare leans on him, trying not to put much weight on his ankle. "Thank you."

"No problem, Nightmare." Lust looks over at Killer with worry at the fact that Error hasn't woken up. "What happened?"

"He's fine, it's just..." Reaper tunes out as his mind starts to ring. He barely registers feeling Nightmare let go of him.

Reaper stands there, staring at his youngest fletchling. His youngest brother. The baby of the family, half his face is covered in ink as they stare at each other. Reaper feels tears fill his sockets as his vision blurs. He feels himself relaxing at the sight, something in his soul unraveling at the sight of him being relatively alright. His shoulders slump as all the stress of worrying over where Cross is, finally leaves him. He coos, before hopping over to his brother. His wings flap, giving him a slight speed boost as he tackles his brother into a hug.

Cross feels himself start to shake, feeling the safety that Reaper brings for the first time in so long. He wails at the touch of his brother, he cries as he holds Reaper as tight as he can, pushing into his brother for the comfort he so desperately wants. He gasps for breath before crying out again. He holds onto Reaper with a whine that hurts Reaper's soul. He feels his brother coo. He feels the vibrations as Reaper quietly purrs, the jolting drill-sounding purr that has Cross crying again for his brother. He feels his brother nuzzle against his skull as he cries as well. Those pretty wings that Reaper had are now duller than before. He grips Geno's scarf and knows that things will be okay now that Reaper is here. That they can bring their whole family back home.

Reaper cries silently as he continues to nuzzle Cross, some of his feathers curl in pure joy and relief at the safety of his brother. He leans back to press a kiss against Cross's skull before moving to wipe away his tears. He takes in with wonder the fact he's touching his youngest brother. He studies every piece of his brother's face, feeling his soul swell with relief. He takes a moment to send a pulse to Geno, hoping he'll understand.

I've found them, love.