A psycho plays with you as I die pt.8

POWER - Ethan Gander
play this as i die - Ethan Gander

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killer's sockets widen before nodding. "Right." He makes a hand motion that mimics something being under another. "So then, we have no idea of where it could be."

Blue nods at Killer's movement. "Unfortunately, that seems to be the case."

Error frowns. "We don't have any way to call them back to us then."

Cross perks up, "We could douse for it! Don't we-" He deflates realizing how stupid it would be to reveal their cards with an enemy so close. "Nevermind. That wouldn't work either."

Dream frowns. "Wouldn't it just linger in the ink of Ink's room?" Everyone stops as Dream winks at them. He points to the key tied to Blue's belt. As far as they know, they need a key to enter into the rooms. "So we just need to find the key to his door." He looks back up to Blue. "Do you still have your key?"

Blue shakes his skull with a groan. "No. I must've lost in my fight with Yani." He groans again as he puts more weight on Dream. He covers his face with Dream's shoulder"I'm so tired and things hurt like they shouldn't. Two fights? Back to back? And dying?!" Blue pouts as he looks back up at the others. He tries to be as quiet as possible when saying it should there be another enemy to come. "Not very fun or energy efficient, I'll say."

Dream snorts as Nightmare groans. Nightmare rubs his face with a sigh. "Of course. We'll need to take a break either way."

Dream picks up Blue, slinging one of his arms around his shoulders. "Come on, we'll rest outside of this room. I need some fresh air."

Killer nods, holding onto his daggers tightly as he stands on the left of Dream. "Yeah, I think we all do. We'll keep the door open to get the key later." He glances over at Swap, seeing him still face down with a shudder. Even looking at him gives the feeling of eyes watching their every move. Killer isn't sure if this is the right move to leave Swap alive. "Let's just move on."

"WAIT!" The garbled mess startles them all. They all turn around to face Swap, staring back at them as he chokes on his magic. His face twists as he claws at the ground."YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE! I WON'T ALLOW IT!" His armor groans and cries as it straightens out again.

Cross steps back with disdain, "What kind of plot armor is this?!" He groans as he puts his skull in his hands, "why can't anything be easy right now? I wanna go home."

Swap ignores him.

Swap drags himself up onto his hands and knees. He grits his teeth as he seeths. "YOU CAN'T KEEP ME DOWN. NOT LIKE THAT! I'M STRONGER! I'M BETTER! I'M-"

Blue slides off of Dream, "Blah, blah, blah. Yeah Yeah." He rolls his eye pips as he puts a hand on his hip. "Like I haven't heard that one before." He arches a brow bone at Swap, "Were you not paying attention to that fight with Yani?" He looks over at Dream with a snort. "Called himself a god."

Blue summons his sword, the metal sings with his magic as it glows. Dream stares at the tremble in Blue's legs with the strain of standing up with worry. The bluff won't last long, and if Swap wasn't fooled the first time, Dream isn't sure it will work a second time. Swap pushes himself up onto his feet with a laugh. He rushes Blue with a speed that surprises Blue. Blue barely blocks the sword Swap swings at his neck, and the two swords press against each other. Blue grits his teeth as he pushes back against Swap, hoping for an opening. Swap grins in delight as he presses forward, he twists his stance as his force against Blue grows.

Swap leans in closely, "Your magic is loud." Blue squints in confusion, "It's a nice tell for me to know what you're going to do." He laughs as he pushes against Blue before jumping backward. "But mine is better."

Blue's sockets widen in understanding. He looks up to see multiple gaster blasters hovering above him and the group. He turns around as fast as possible, "Dream! SHIELD-" The blast cuts him off.

Blue lowers his arm, hesitantly opening his sockets to see if he's still alive. He is. He looks around to see the others in the same shape. Shaky, but still alive. He breathes out a sigh of relief before noticing what's protected them. Or who has protected them. Blue turns around in horror as he follows those arms back to the body of Creation as they stay completely still. The blast had torn a hole through their chest. Tears fill Blue's sockets as they stare down at him with a loving smile. They would take every hit if it meant keeping their home safe. Keep their AUs safe. It's just like Ink, so much so, that he can't help but feel betrayed. Creation's eyes dull into obsidian stones as their smile falls and Blue takes a step back as he hears the others take in their makeshift shield.

Before Blue can say anything to Creation, their form wobbles, becoming unsteady. They don't get to say anything before their body spills back into the ink of the floor. Blue stares in horror as Swap stands behind them, holding the soul piece in his hand; clutching it as if it were a prized apple in his hand, ignoring the flashes it gives of fear.

He smiles at Blue. "I'd thank you, but that would suggest you did something."

Blue growls as he lunges, "GIVE THEM BACK!"

Swap is gone before Blue can reach him, leaving Blasters in his stead.