Run Blue! Run! pt4

Run like a Rebel - The Score

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Error?" Dream steps closer, slightly faltering when another tower crashes to the ground. "What did Creation say? Is there a plan?"

Error's mouth falls into a thin line as he looks down, "No."

"No?" Dream blinks before smiling in disbelief as his eyebrow ridges furrow, "What do you mean 'no?' No, they didn't say anything, or no, there is no plan?"

Error looks back at Dream, a hand on his shoulder. "There is no plan other than to trust Blue. Creation trusts him, so we must trust him as well." He glances over, did Blue and Yani's fight get closer? "Look, Yani doesn't have special attacks anymore. Blue can win."

"You mean..." Killer glances over, his grip shifts on his daggers. "He can't use gaster blasters? Bone attacks? Ports?" Error nods and Killer smiles. "That makes it easier for Blue then, but we should still support cover from above." Error nods in agreement before letting go of Dream. If they could do anything, it would be to attack in the shadows.

"Let's go then."

Blue grunts as he pulls himself out of the side of a tower made of paint. He jumps out of the way of a sword. Blue tucks into a roll before he hits the ground. He pushes himself into a run as he summons a two-handed broad sword. The weight slows him down a little, but not enough to let Yani escape. He sharply turns, causing the sword to swing toward Yani. It slides up Yani's sword, and Blue uses that momentum to raise the sword higher, before swinging it down at Yani's skull. Using blue magic, he holds Yani in place as the blade comes down. He hears Yani's skull crunch and shatters under the blow before dusting. Blue coughs as he glances to his left where Yani stands again. He can only hope that his stamina can outlast Yani's.

Yani growls in anger after losing again to Blue. Who does this second-rate Blueberry think he is? Yani staggers for a moment, loosening his posture in an attempt to stop fighting. If he plays his cards right, he could absorb Blue's soul. That strength is second to his, but extra power would never hurt. After all, Blue was strong enough to get out of the mirror prison Yani put him in. Blue follows Yani's lead, yet keeps one foot turned to the side. He's ready to bolt at any moment.

Yani sighs as he rolls his eye pips. "You're wasting so much potential! So much power! You spend your life in a cage!" Blue rolls his eye lights, not this again. "You'll stay in this cage until the day you die. Ink is scared of you, they all are. You are strong. Just like me." Yani grins. "Second to me. I am nothing more than a god at this point! You are almost at my level! You can take over your Multiverse just as easily. Just. Like. Me."

Blue chuckles much to Yani's confusion. It's a different response than the past few times he's talked about this to Blue between fights. Blue rolls his shoulders as his sword disappears. He crosses his arms, "But I'm not a god. The stars above know this. I am not second to anyone." Blue cracks a grin as stares into Yani's sockets. As if Ink is afraid of him, Ink dotes on him and he knows it. "If anything, I should be afraid of Ink. I am nothing but an AU. It would be like comparing a candle to a bonfire."

As Blue talks, he summons his swords, one by one. Holding them with blue magic outside of Yani's field of vision. He glances up to check how many he has up there now, disguised as another eye roll. Twenty-three... Not many but enough for him. Blue stops talking for a moment, pausing to think. Yani quirks an eyebrow ridge at the lack of words from Blue. Blue looks down at the floor as he thinks. Twenty-three swords should be enough. He's been able to control and attack with swords using his magic. He's never done more than five before. Fighting with magic and a sword in hand...Can he do it?

Ink believes in him, right?

"You can do this, Blue. Breathe."