Chapter 5: Why feel, when you can be in control?

What's the use of feeling? (Blue) By Steven Universe, E.T. Control (Steven's Corruption Song) Cover by KittenWispy (On youtube! Give it a listen to!). This does give a little insight into the question of what's happening to Ink's body. So to clear up, Ink still has a soul meaning he doesn't need his vials, but it isn't with his body. And these are the effects of that. Lord help me with this

Grillby softly taps Leo on the cheekbone. He slowly opens an eye socket and tilts his head at Grillby. Grillby smiles softly as Leo coughs up a little more blood. Leo pushes Grillby's hand away to look around before noticing Sage on the ground exhausted. He can't hear or understand what's going on around him, but one of his cubs needs him. He pushes himself up before grunting as he shakily stands. Someone tries to push him back down and he can feel the bone that feels like Blue's on his shoulder, but he pushes it off as he stumbles over to Green, Sirius, and Sage. He falls to his knees and softly taps her on her leg. He coughs up a little more blood before she looks up at him. He smiles at her before pulling out a small pouch of tart apple candies, the kind she likes. Her sockets widen as he offers them to her, there are only six so he gives three to her before nodding his head towards Error, Nightmare, and Killer. The unspoken message is clear to her. She nods and walks over to them. Error looks up at her. He's tired and panicked mind almost makes him attack in fear of Ink's soul being in danger. His shoulders relax seeing Sage holding just candies.

"for your magic."

He nods and takes them. Nightmare splits the candies between them. She walks over to sit back down. Leo coughs up some more blood and tries to keep himself balanced as Grillby finishes lacing the little sunlight with healing magic. He walks over to Leo and holds him close before giving it to him to drink. Leo smiles softly before drinking it. Everyone lets out a small breath of relief as he starts to heal, and Gemini shakes his head. Of Course, Leo Stayed The Same. Others Before Ourselves Has Almost Always Been His Moto. Sirius sits down next to Grillby and Gemini, unsure of what to do with himself.

"T-thank you, my love." He coughs out before snuggling closer to Grillby. He holds on tightly to Grillby's robes as he gives a soft labored breath. Grillby just holds him close in response. "i... just. need more rest now."

He closes his sockets and falls asleep immediately. The others sigh as they watch him fall asleep before trying to get Error to eat the candy. Killer, already eating his, can understand why Sage likes them so much. The tartness brings up memories he'd rather forget before the sweetness lets him make peace with those memories. He gently shakes Error's arm to try and get his attention on the candy. Yet, Error doesn't budge. Nightmare stares at his candy before slowly and quietly unwrapping it. It looks so much like the candies Ink brought him when they met. He slowly puts it in his mouth to be surprised at the tartness. Sage happily chews on her candies, not caring that the hard candies are meant to be sucked on, and bites into them before noticing Error and taps Green. Green notices as well and tsks. He turns to Error, not getting any closer than he already is.

"Error," Error looks up at him. "If I were you, I would eat that candy. After what Leo saw about Ink, I think he's going to be protective of him. And as one of his boyfriends, that doesn't save you from the wrath of Leo when he knows you aren't doing well. Remember, Ink has done so much for Leo, Leo is in debt to him. So, he'll be protective and loyal to Ink."

Grillby chuckles before nodding as well. Gemini smiles in the memory of Leo chasing after Sirius trying to get him to sit down and eat his greens. Because 'so HELP ME, Sirius, you need to grow taller! You can't stay at hip height forever!' Error hesitantly nods before eating the candy as Cross holds Ink's soul. He doesn't want to be any further from it than he has to. Error's face scrunches as he chews it and Green chuckles.