Run Blue! Run! pt5

Run like a Rebel - The Score

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***

"Alright, take a deep breath." Blue looks up from his hands to see Ink sitting on his gaster blaster in front of him. Ink offers a smile to Blue from his seat. "It's alright. It's going to take a lot of practice, that's a given. Don't worry about getting it wrong. You have to use those mistakes and treat them as if they were intentional. In a battle, if you are to ever use this skill, you must not hesitate." Blue nods in understanding and Ink steps off of his blaster and onto Blue's. "Every time you think you make a mistake, you have new plans, new opportunities that open up to you. Some may see your mistakes and try to act on them. You must act before them."

"But... How can I do that? I can't plan for that now." Blue looks down at his friend only to get a chuckle in response.

"That's why you have both."

"Both?"

Ink pulls Blue down to his knees and presses his skull to Blue's as a means to ease the anxiety out of him. "Yes, both brains and brawns. Blue, you have more magic abilities than you think. So much more skill." Ink grins, he murmurs something under his breath that Blue can't catch before pulling away. "Are you ready to try again?"

Blue nods before standing. "Yes. I want to learn."

Ink smiles, hopping back to his blaster before pulling in front of Blue. "Alright. Let me show you a different way of thinking about it." Ink closes his sockets as he summons his magic to his hands, leaving bubbles of ink covering them. "You see this?" A nod, "This is my magic. Yours will be intangible, unseen. While mine is. However, you will feel it, sitting in your hands, on your arms, everywhere." Blue nods again. Ink's magic forms into whips that cover his arms. "I can only manage two, but that is because of a limitation on my part. One you don't have."

"Huh?"

"Don't think too hard about it, Blue. We are different, you and I. But it's not a bad thing." Blue nods hesitantly, "Just focus on feeling ropes of magic. Create ropes out of your magic and attach them to your swords. Feel them wrap around the hilt tightly like they are your own hands and try swinging them as if they are in your hands." Ink drops his magic, letting the ink fall into his gaster blaster to absorb.

"O-okay. I think I can do that." He stares at the two swords floating in ink by their blades.

Ink looks around. "Let's just start with one sword and work our way up to two, and then we can go from there. Alright?"

Blue nods, growing more motivated by the minute. How cool would it be to be able to fight with all his swords at once? He could be a one-man army. Hide in the air, no one ever looks up, and fight at a safe distance. He could be safe. Maybe he could explore outside the Multiverse as well. Just a peak. Or maybe he could be able to go to any AU he's ever dreamed of and visit... Maybe he'll learn the skill to show off to Cross. Brag about being more like an anime protagonist than even he is. How funny would that be?

***