A Brother's Call pt.7

Rescue me - OneRepublic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reaper follows after with a nod. He tries on the gloves, nearly crying again at their feel against his hands. It's a perfect fit. It cushions his claws, filling the gap between his claw and finger. They cover up to his elbow. The fabric design is beautiful, as well as the stitching. The coffee brown stirs up good memories and he can make out small embroidery of coffee mugs. He sniffles before clearing his throat, he can properly thank his brother and Geno later when they are home. He watches as Geno opens his bag and starts to pack before tightly smiling back at him. Reaper walks over to help him pack the rest of his stuff before grabbing one of his scythes off the table. He shrinks it until he can pin it under his belt against his body. He carries the other one in his hands.

He waits for Geno to hand him his bag before bending over for another kiss. They pull apart, this shouldn't be happening. Neither of them wants this to be happening. That they wouldn't have to say goodbye like this. Geno fusses with the bag, the main part sits in the bend of Reaper's back. He adjusts everything, making sure nothing is forgotten. Unlike Geno, Reaper doesn't have an inventory to grab things from. So, he makes sure it isn't too heavy for Reaper. Reaper wears nothing but the sweatshirt Ink gave him with the family locket the brothers made years ago. Geno frowns. He's so worried that there isn't enough to protect Reaper from wounds. Yet, there is no armor for a God of Death. Those black shorts are the only thing from his outfit that makes him Death. Even then, his outfit isn't one for fighting. Geno steps back before pulling his scarf and placing it around Reaper's neck.

Reaper's sockets widen, and his tone is soft with surprise. "Geno..."

"There," Geno sniffles with a wavering smile. He subtly wipes his tears. "You'll have a piece of me to protect you from what might happen."

Reaper's expression softens with adoration. "Thank you, love. I promise nothing will happen to it."

Geno shakes his head with a scoff. "Don't make such flimsy promises, love. You know how I feel about promises." He holds Reaper's hand as they start walking out of the house with the blob following after. "Use it if you need to. Get it dirty, I can wash it. Tear it, I can mend it." He looks on as Reaper moves off the porch, "Use it if it means keeping one of you alive. All of you need to come home, alive. So use it to stay alive."

Reaper looks back, searching Geno's face before his gaze hardens. "I promise." He steals one last kiss from Geno, "I promise I will come home. I promise all of us will come home." He watches the blob float in the distance, "I guess this is goodbye."

"No."

"...You're right, goodbye is too formal." Reaper cracks a weak smile, "Especially coming from me."

"It's a see you later."

Reaper smiles as his wings open, getting ready for a chase. "See you later, alligator." He turns, throwing the big scythe into the air before following it. He waves as he grabs it in his talons and starts to fly after the ink blob.

Geno leans against the railing, his tears falling as he watches Reaper fly after their only hope. "In a while crocodile."