Angles Fall, Warriors take their place pt6

Angels - Vicetone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare nods after a second. His blue magic isn't strong, but it can get the job done. Before he can reach for his magic, something whispers to him. It whispers to use his staff, just a twist before pouring his magic in. He doesn't know why, but he trusts the whisper, twisting his staff until it clicks. He pours his magic into it and something like a tentacle of his magic appears at the end. Instinctively, he swings it in Cross's direction, the tentacle wraps around Cross before Nightmare pulls it back. He grunts with effort as he snaps it forward, throwing Cross towards Killer and Hallucination. Cross kicks off of Hallucination before landing next to Killer with his swords drawn. Killer smiles, tired but staying on the beat his soul pounds out. He shifts from one foot to another as he glances over at Cross.

"What took you so long?!"

Cross shakes his skull. "You don't wanna know! DODGE-" The two roll out of the way from the arrows Hallucination shoots at them. "Anything I should know?!"

"Stay on the beat!"

Cross blinks before looking at Killer for a second. "How the fuck do you know about that theory?!"

Killer shoots out another attack, the patterns becoming irregular and intricate. Cross squints and notices how they seem to thud out a tempo, fast-paced but sporadic. "What the fuck? What theory?! I'm just going off of my soul beat!"

"What- THIS ISN'T A TIME FOR JOKES-"

Hallucination lets out a shriek as he shoots out arrows without aiming. "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I'LL KILL YOU ALL! ALL OF YOU! IT'S NOT MY FAULT! NOT MY FAULT! IT'S ALL YOURS! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!" Cross and Killer cover their skulls at the banshee screech. Killer rolls his sockets, it's a rather weak argument.

"Shall we?" Cross looks over at Killer with a smirk. "Let's take him down to the others, I'm sure they'll wanna have some fun too."

Killer smiles as he pushes Hallucination off the pillar. "As you wish!" He turns around to face Cross with a salute, "I'll meet you down there!" With that, he lets himself fall backward off the pillar.

Shattered dodges attacks from every side. He doesn't know where this power comes from. Dream shouldn't be this strong! Not stronger than himself! How dare that damned ghost give Dream a power-up and not him! That ghost should know better by now! He hates this feeling of weakness. He hates it so much. He hates fear. That feeling that's pulsing through his body, demanding that he run away and hide. That feeling that Dream is pushing into his body. Shattered growls as he dodges another arrow. He pivots sharply before shooting his arrow. He has no time to see if it landed before jumping away as Dream crashes into the ground where Shattered once was standing. Dream stands up, twin swords in his hands as he glares at Shattered. Shattered grins at the shredded fabric on Dream's side, the arrow had nicked him. Dream walks forward, twirling one of the swords as he does so. Shattered tries to run away, only to notice his feet are stuck on the floor. The damn ink was gluing him down to it!

Dream smirks, dipping his skull into a bow of thanks to Ink. Who, despite being told to stay out of the fight, is still offering to help Dream in any way he can. Dream pounces, one of his swords slicing half of Shattered's tentacles off before Shattered frees himself. Shattered growls, jumping into the air, but can't form wings. Fear nearly freezes him, but he pushes forward, running away from Dream.

"I can't remember what made you this sad." Dream trails off, and Shattered grinds his teeth at the implication.

Not that he's feeling sad, but pathetic sad. Shattered is not pathetic, he is a king! He was never pathetic! He'll show all of them! Everyone will fall to his hands! Dream is proof of that! Once he gets his hands on that power, everyone will fall! He will make his creator proud of him! And then, he'll be able to rule so many Multiverses. His Creator will allow him to take them all! But that mistake of a Dream... He called Shattered sad. Weak. Pathetic. Nothing but dirt! SAD. He'll show Dream what it means to be sad. Shattered turns around, his own swords drawn, ready to attack. He freezes at the sight behind him.

"But I learned if it could be thought of, then guardians could be disgusting."

Dream, with a flick of his wrists, lets the cloud of arrows rain down upon Shattered. Nightmare watches as Hallucination crumbles away before turning to the source of the scream. His soul pounds with fear at the thought of it being Dream screaming until he notices something flying over to them. It's Dream. He isn't the one screaming so Nightmare lets that small worry vanish. Nightmare grunts when he realizes that Shattered isn't near Dream. He looks around in worry for anything that could hide Shattered.