21:That Deepest Desire From So Long Ago (pt. 2)

Deepest desire - DHeusta

Blue shivers as he feels something wet and heavy lean against his back. He refuses to look up or behind him. He knows it's there. He doesn't want to face it. Not when he's being a coward. Dream looks up at Blue with acceptance. He knows, he's not scared anymore. As long as Blue is with him, he knows that it will be okay.

A fool's delusion.

"I'll destroy him and rewrite him to fit his role," Blue cries out as Dream is stolen from him. His sockets widen as he realizes what it means. "ɎØɄⱤ ₴ØɄⱠ ₳₦Đ ₥Ɏ ₴ØɄⱠ ₵ØⱠⱠłĐɆ!"

Blue staggers to his feet as tears spill from his sockets. He can't fight his Rêverie. He summons a bone attack and uses it as a crutch to help himself move away. He chooses to run than face his DayDream. He can't. Blue hurries away from the monster only to feel something in him scream to dodge. He drops the attack and turns his body to the side to see a smaller sword attached to a rope fly right where he was standing. This reality.

He turns to see Dream walking closer. He more limps as he shouldn't be walking on his bad leg. Blue takes a look at how his sockets and mouth ooze ink to know he needs to do something. What did Dream do? What did he do to free Blue? Blue dodges another sword before using a bone attack as a shield from the arrows. My mentality.

Blue's thankful that he's more versed in every weapon than Dream. He summons something, anything. A long spear is what he pulls from the paint and looks at Dream. A plan forms in his skull before he takes a deep breath. He dodges the next few attacks before breaking into a sprint toward Dream. Everything changes so rapidly. Blue tilts his skull to the left to dodge another arrow, it cuts the side of his skull on his cheekbone.

As he gets close, a wall of ink emerges in front of him and he hurries to get out of the way. As he steps around it, stairs form under his feet. Blue starts to gain height as he rushes toward Dream. The stairs flatten out to a platform and arrows pass through the ink. Blue weaves through the waves of arrows before pulling his arm back. He looks towards Dream's cape, hoping to pin Dream down to the ground. Hoping to buy himself some more time as he thinks of something to do to free Dream. He feels the spear's weight shift right before he throws it, his sockets widening in horror and fear as he watches the spear fly through the air. He prays that it doesn't hit Dream with the shift. Blue rushes to the edge of the platform to see where it lands, an attack ready in hand to throw to displace the spear.

Blue feels tears form as he watches the spear cut through the red strings holding his lover up. Miracle. Blue drops to the floor, ducking into a roll at the last moment to cushion the landing. He gets up and runs over to Dream. "Dream!"

Dream groans, not able to grip anything with his hands or move his leg to crawl. He glances at his arms and his breath hitches as his eye lights shrink in horror. He turns to Blue, who's still running closer. "Blue! Run! Get out of here and forget about me!"

Blue pushes himself to run faster. "Not happening! We're both getting out of here! I'm not losing you here!" Blue dives into a slide and picks up Dream before pushing himself up into a run. Training helps him to keep going despite his exhaustion. "I'm not losing you too. Okay? We're getting out together or we're staying here together."

Dream tears up as he looks at his useless legs, feeling stone creep up to his face once more. "I'm dead weight Blue! You need to drop me and run! Get out of here before all three of us end up dead!"

"No! I'm not losing anyone today!" Blue huffs for breath as his vision blurs. "You and I are getting help and then we'll help Ink! None of us will be left behind! I promise you that!" Don't know anything quite hysterical. Blue grins with determination as he runs towards the box where everyone is waiting. A grin of hope, one that promises safety. "On my honor and my death! I promise you that I will do everything I can to make my promise a reality!"