The Blue of a Dream pt3

Sorry for the long wait! The story's last few arcs and ending had to be reworked due to another idea coming into play. We've got dark and heavy stuff coming up. So BIG warning there. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream screams as he watches Yani toy with Blue. Blue hasn't died yet, he isn't dust. Dream bangs on the floor as tears fill his sockets and the little box in his inventory burns with agony. "YOU PROMISED!" His tears fall into the ink floor. The yellow becomes black with dilution. "YOU SAID HE WOULD BE SAFE! THAT HE WOULD WIN!"

"Dream-"

"I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT HIM! WHY WOULD YOU LET THAT HAPPEN?!"

"Dream, please-"

"IF YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT US, WHY WOULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?! YOU DON'T CARE AT ALL! YOU'VE NEVER CARED ABOUT US! YOU LIED ABOUT CARING FOR BLUE! HOW COULD YOU-"

The room rumbles, stopping Dream from continuing. A low whine crescendos into a roaring wail. It shakes the room, causing all the pillars to crumble around them. The mirrors in the room shatter and fall to the ground like dust. The wail scrapes as it continues, tearing itself apart until there is no sound left. Then it continues once again. It's heartbreaking, mourning like a parent losing a child. Yani looks around in bewilderment before a tentacle of ink wraps around him. He yelps before trying to free himself from it. It tightens its hold on him. Crushing and breaking bones as it lifts him into the air. The others take steps away from the walls of Blue's shield, weary of what's happening. Dream watches in awe and deflates as he sinks to sit on the floor.

He's sorry.

Of course, Ink didn't mean for this to happen. Ink isn't all-knowing, he didn't know this was going to happen. He believed that there was a clear winner. He believed with his whole soul that Blue was going to win. It feels like a strange dream to even imagine Blue losing a fight. Dream buries his face in his fists, he shouldn't have yelled at Ink. He's mad, but Ink didn't deserve his anger. He should know better than to let his emotions run before his logic. He quietly cries as he tunes out the thudding Yani makes whenever his body hits the ground. Nightmare grabs him by the shoulder and drags him away from the barrier. Dream allows it to happen before curling his wings around himself to hide away from everything. Something digs into his hand and he remembers that he's holding something. Blue had given him something through his wall of attacks. He opens his fist before a sob is torn from his throat. All those dreams for the future shatter and tear his soul apart as they fall around him.

"oh."

He would've said yes.

Extra:

A wave of heartbreak and mourning flows through the Multiverse. Every sans stops, feeling the pain of a loss. Some go to find their Papyruses, telling them how much they love them. Some grieve silently by themselves, holding themselves as they grieve the loss of something they don't understand.

Somewhere in the Doodle Sphere, someone cries out in fear and panic. Someone is now on the list of the dead. Someone who is not supposed to be on that list. The name is faint, not yet fully inked in, but the meaning is true. Something bad is happening to the ones missing, he needs to find them now. He can't lose his friends like this.

He can't lose his brothers like this.