Angles Fall, Warriors take their place pt5

Angels - Vicetone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare slaps Cross across the face before shaking the limp body. He watches as Cross's eye pips lose their amber glow as Cross blinks back into reality. Before Nightmare can say anything, Cross screams as he grips his skull. Tears pour down his face as he throws Nightmare away from him. Nightmare grunts as he lands on his ribs, distant thudding reminds him that staying in one place isn't safe. Not now. Nightmare pushes himself onto his feet before running back over to Cross in a panic. He didn't know Cross had a knife on him. Nightmare sees his mouth move but can't hear what Cross is saying to himself. His focus is on the blade Cross has pointed at his chest. They will not lose someone here. No one is dying here.

Nightmare loses his footing as another ink pillar collapses under Error's strings. His foot twists and a sharp pain cracks his ankle. He grits his teeth but pushes forward. Nightmare reaches out, grabbing Cross by the wrist before slamming the knife out of his grip. Cross looks at Nightmare with fearful shock. It's as if he didn't know what he was doing. Nightmare has half a mind to believe that he didn't know what he was doing.

"Cross! Snap out of it! Whatever it is that devil had you see, it isn't real! You can't dust! No now, not ever! You hear me?!" Cross stares at Night in bewilderment and horror. Nightmare hardens his glare. "I asked if you heard me!"Cross's vision blurs with tears as reality sinks in. He swallows the lump in his throat before nodding. Nightmare holds him close, allowing him to breathe and collect himself before pulling away. "Are you okay now?" Cross nods, he opens his mouth to speak, but Nightmare cuts him off. "Good, because we need to move! Now!"

Nightmare grips Cross tightly before throwing him over his shoulder and carrying Cross away from the falling rubble. Cross grips his swords once Nightmare sets him down, looking around for either Shattered or Hallucination. They'll pay for what they did. For what they tried to do. How dare they try to ruin what family he has! How dare they play on his insecurities! It was a low blow. A low blow he will not forget. Nightmare looks at Cross before nodding, he moves his hand, a signal to go. Cross pushes off the ground with as much force as possible, launching himself forward before using a bone attack to gain air. He turns to Nightmare.

"Nightmare! Throw me!"