Angels Fall, Warriors take their place pt.1

Angels - Vicetone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream screams out at Shattered, his voice echoes throughout the room. His hands dig into the arm of Shattered, his fingertips try to rip at the goop and bone. He roars about the many things that he places the blame on Shattered. There is no one else to blame for this situation. His aura bursts with protective love, burning Shattered the longer he holds onto Dream. He has to protect his brother. He has to protect his friends from this monster. Shattered drops him with a screech of pain, tears involuntarily beading in the corner of his sockets as he grips his wrist. Dream stares at it as it smokes with wide sockets. He's made the connection, and the start of a plan forms in his mind.

Shattered curls in on himself as he glares at Dream. "You bitch! You dare to do this?!" Shattered grows, towering over Dream as his tentacles slowly beat against the ground. "I can give you wealth, substance, POWER YOU CAN'T EVEN FATHOM! AND YOU CHOSE TO ATTACK ME?!"

Shattered's tentacles lash out, knocking down pillars and crushing the floor. Dream dodges, Ghost on his shoulders whispering when to move and where. Ghost holds onto Dream's aura, acting as a layer of protection against the corruption oozing from Shattered. The room groans and whimpers as destruction occur. The floor shakes as pain radiates from around everyone. Nightmare covers his skull as tears spill. The pain is overwhelming and sickening. He falls to his knees as he chokes on it, he cries out and everyone stops. The cry is animalistic, painful, and soul-piercing.

"Brother?!" Dream turns, facing Nightmare in a panic as Ghost keeps his sockets trained on Shattered.

Nightmare looks up, choking on his magic. "The room is alive!"

Killer stills and his vision drifts to the ink on the floor, the ink that covers his hand. The pieces start to fall together. "Don't tell me..."

"This room is Ink!"

Dream growls as the news hits him, turning to Shattered with hatred. "You'd use Ink as your shield?! How low are you?!"

"Dream," Ghost whispers, catching Dream's attention without making it obvious. Ghost leans in closer, glancing at Shattered before staring at Dream's expression. "Let me merge with you. Let's become one, and we'll be strong enough to finish off Shattered. Once and for all." Dream shifts, unsure if he should take the chance. Ghost nuzzles into Dream's vertebrae. "Let me come home. I was made from you, Creation loves you and made me to bring hope to my Multiverse, just like you. Let me go back home to the ink below after."

Dream thinks for a moment, dodging another attack from Shattered before nodding. "Okay, let's do it."

Nightmare cries out when Dream and Ghost disappear in a cloud of light. He shivers when he feels his brother's aura roar to life. It's strong and covers him like a blanket. Nightmare stands, he stares out toward his brother. How long has it been since he could stand in his brother's aura without pain? Was the last time when they were kids? It's a comforting blanket, filling him with a passion to protect. A fuel to fight for his friends and family. Cross looks around, he frowns as he tries to make out any movement from around them. He can't see anything in the dark. The only light source is their eyelights and Dream's aura.

"NO!" The shout puts Killer on edge, he falls into a stance, and daggers are drawn ready at any moment. His skull whips around, trying to find the source of the voice. "HOW DARE YOU! FUSING WITH HIM! YOU'RE RUINING THE QUALITY OF YOUR AURA! TAINTING IT! POISONING IT! YOU'RE ROTTING IT! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

Thuds are heard from the darkness as Shattered thrashes his tentacles around, hitting anything and everything. Towers of solid ink crumble around everyone as the room shakes with a faint wail. Nightmare watches in shock as the room lashes out at everyone. New towers made of ink shoot out from the ground, aiming at everyone in the room. As Cross shouts to dodge, the Moons look around in weariness trying to figure out where is safe to stand. Shattered screams as he slices towers as they grow close to him. Yet none of them attack Dream, the towers form around him as if to protect him. Dream looks at the pillars in confusion before it clicks. He moves close to one, touching it as he rests his skull against the smooth cold ink.

"Thank you, Ink. Thank you for the protection, but this is my fight. Rest, we're coming to save you. This fight will be over soon."