Angles Fall, Warriors take their place pt2

Angels - Vicetone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A low hum rings through the room as the pillars of ink stop attacking. The floor stills and the room stops shaking. Shattered gasps for breath as he shakily stands up, having been hit a few times by the pillars' attacks. He growls as he stares at the pillars surrounding his prize. Dream smiles as he lets a little of his magic flow into the pillar, healing anything that Ink needs to be healed, at least just a little. He whispers a small message to Ink before the towers in front of Dream crumble away. Shattered bares his teeth as his eye sockets narrow. Dream's sockets narrow as he stares at Shattered as he squares his shoulders. Dream doesn't let his surprise show when he feels a pair of wings flap. He accepts that he has wings now, he's pretty sure he got them from Ghost, and he wonders if they'll stay or not after all of this. Shattered starts screeching again, repeating what he's said before to Dream, and Dream sighs in frustration.

"Oh stars, I'm going insane." Dream takes a step forward, out of the protection of the pillars. His clean aura rushes out, crashing into Shattered like a roaring wave.

Shattered hisses before taking a step backward. The pure positivity is burning him. "I'll be back for my prize, you can't escape me!" Shattered grins, nearly splitting his face as he stands back up. His tentacles transform back into wings as he flies out of sight from Dream and the others.

Cross runs over to Dream, he growls as he shakes his fist. "Come back down here and fight us like a man, you coward!" Cross yelps as he dodges an arrow. Dream huffs out a laugh before pushing Cross behind him.

"I appreciate it, but stay behind me. This is my fight, Cross." Cross looks at Dream before scowling and turning away with a nod.

"Scared that I'll win?" The taunt rains down from above. Drawing the attention of everyone as Shattered continues to run his mouth.

Dream scoffs before coming closer to the pillar Shattered is perched on. "It's pitiful how you think I'd lose." He turns to his brother and friends. "You better run, get away from here."

Nightmare shakes his skull, gripping his staff with motivation flooding his system. "Not happening, Dream. We're going to stand with you. This may be your fight, but you are my brother. We're going to fight with you, you aren't going to fight alone. Never again, brother."

Dream smiles before continuing forward. He reaches out to the flood. Error and Killer watch as the ink on the floor bubbles, something forming on the floor. Dream's aura flares off his skull, giving him a halo of sun whisps around it. Dream's wings spread out, revealing the four different wings, they flap once, testing the strength of the new limbs. Nightmare watches as an ink-made version of his brother's staff rises from the ink and finishes forming in Dream's hand. Dream twirls it once before crouching down. His wings spread open, wide and high, ready to snap back. Dream pushes himself away from the ground, his wings snapping back and against his back at the peak of his jump. Cross sucks in a breath as he blinks and Dream is gone. Shattered looks around in a panic, losing sight of Dream despite him being one of the only light sources in the room.

For the first time, he feels fear.