Angles Fall, Warriors take their place pt9

Angels - Vicetone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream catches his breath as he hunches over the now limp body of Shattered. There's nothing left of his skull, it's all just small bone chunks on the floor. Dream takes a deep breath as he sits back for a moment. He watches in morbid fascination, as he gets off the body, how Shattered's body seems to arch off the ground. Dream gets into another battle-ready stance. Only to see a small trail of ink pierce Shattered's chest. A bubble is pushed out from Shattered's chest. Dream stares at it before watching the ink pull away. Revealing the other half of Dream's soul. Dream smiles in thanks to Ink before coaxing it back to the half still in his aura-made body. He watches as the two halves merge back into his whole soul. The apple glows brightly as it comes together, mending all the cracks that came from one half missing.

A familiar warmth sinks back into his being. A feeling that everything is right once more. He sighs as the feeling reaches his fingertips. A familiar spring of magic, the rest of it that Shattered had stolen from him, comes back as a pleasant thrum in his soul. Killer glances behind himself to notice how the lump that was Hallucination disappeared. As if he dusted for good. As he did when Shattered, his main body, was killed.

Dream smiles and hugs himself tightly as he feels his actual body come back, solid bone replacing the hardened aura. Tears spring from his sockets as he feels Ghost leave his body. A brief thought of gratefulness from Ghost fills Dream's mind. A thank you for setting him free from that prison. Finally, an ending to that endless nightmare Ghost had once called reality. He prays that the others can defeat Yani. He's sure that they can, but prayer doesn't hurt. He hopes that they can save their Ink, the one Tainted had called Rewrite. He hopes that they can save his Ink, the one now known as Tainted. He wishes them luck with it and hopes for the best.

Exhaustion hits Dream like a train and he falls to his knees. His leg, which was shot earlier, is as good as new. To his surprise, he still has his wings, all four of them. He'll have to get used to that. He doesn't think it will be that hard, but the added weight will throw him off at one point. Dream lets out a sigh of relief. It's finally done, he can go home to his brother. Nightmare runs over to him, hugging him tightly. Dream holds his twin as close as he can as he cries in relief. This hell of his is over. He pulls away, gripping the key that he's held on his chest this entire time. His wings stretch in a beat, as he searches Nightmare's eye pips to deny him his request. Finding nothing, he gives a lopsided smile. The rich blue metal curved in a loop as the handle. He holds it to Nightmare's face with hope and determination.

"Let's go save Blue."