Chapter 13: Dreams don't shatter themselves for a Nightmare

Shatter me - Lindsey Stirling
I'm the bad guy - Caleb Hyles
Nightmare - NateWantsToBattle
Believe - Mcki Robyns-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No more! We don't want to see anymore!" Cross shouts at Bani.

Dream holds up a hand. "Wait. Cross. I want to find out what happened. I-I need to know."

Nightmare looks back at his twin. "Dream."

Dream looks down at his hand before hiding it again. "No. I need to know. So then it can be avoided here. I need to know, brother. How am I a ghost? How is Shattered 'me' at the same time? Why can't others see me in that multiverse?"

Cross looks away at the last question. That would be due to X-Chara, Ink can see ghosts like those. Bani's mask cracks more as they smile wickedly at Dream. Dream stares directly at Bani with a determined stare. "Show me what happened."

"Sure thing Dreamy~" They giggle at the end. "Call me if you think you would like to try this." Dream pulls away in disgust as the window darkens.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They watch as Shattered, as Dream, cuts a portal with his pair of scissors. Almost every Sans has a pair, except those who can create their own portals. He closes the portal behind him as he sniffles. He turns around and everyone sees him in tears with a golden blush highlighting his face. He sighs and wipes his eye sockets as he walks towards a tree. Nightmare and Dream's eye sockets widen as they see a new Tree of Feelings. Shattered walks over to it, looking at the apples. He falls to the ground in front of the tree and cries. He lets out a wet chuckle as he tries to calm down.

"Kids. He's having twins." Shattered chuckles as he continues to cry. "I guess it does run in the family."

He sits there crying for a few more minutes before calming down. He wipes his sockets one last time before standing up. He rests his skull against the tree before pulling away. He turns away and starts to walk away. As he walks away, he shutters and blows on his hands. He stops walking in confusion, it's never cold in this AU. He made sure of it. He stares down at his hands only to notice them turning to stone. He gasps before letting out pulses of positive energy to stop it. He looks around in confusion before continuing to walk away. As he gets ready to cut another portal, something hits the back of his skull.

"Ow!"

He stands up and looks around. He squints at the dark shadow near the tree before looking down. His sockets widen in fear and shock as he stares down at the apple. The beautiful teal shimmer that makes the apple glow in the moonlight is now a murky void. Bruised. But these apples don't bruise. He brings an arm up to defend himself from the next apple thrown at him. He catches it to see a golden positivity apple. He stares at it before noticing that the other apple is not a negativity apple, but a corrupted positivity apple.

He gasps as he drops the apple. He summons an arrow and shoots it off in the direction of the shadow. Shattered uses the glow of his arrow to try and see the person throwing apples. He squints as the arrow gets closer to the shadow. His sockets widen in fear, and the others can't see what he's looking at. He can't get a word out as he shakes and stutters. He quickly turns around and starts running, dropping his portal scissors on the ground. He runs as fast as he can, but the others can't tell what he's running from. Dream looks at Shattered's hands and silently gasps. Shattered looks down at his hands before gasping himself.

He looks up, a desperate cry as tears dampen his hands. "B-BROTH-"

He never gets to finish.

Shattered's whole body, in a matter of seconds, turns to stone. Everyone gasps in shock at his terrified expression. Dream shutters and brings his hands to his opposite shoulders before squeezing them. He knows what it's like to be in stone. Nightmare's sockets widen in fear as he notices Shattered rocking back and forth. When Dream had turned to stone, he was solid on both feet. Shattered turned to stone mid-step. His right foot is off the ground as his left is only touching the ground by the front of his foot. Dizzy, spinning endlessly. He continues to rock back and forth, gaining more and more momentum as he continues to move. Then something pulls him back. Everyone's sockets widen as they notice Shattered's statue move in a way that's not natural. As if someone was moving it themselves. And shatter me! With a final push, Shattered's statue falls to the ground. Everyone winces as his statue shatters as glass would against the ground.