Run, Blue! Run! pt2

Run like a Rebel - The Score

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cross lets out a breath before looking away. Ink is right. He knows that look well, he's seen it too many times to not know what it means. This isn't the time to fight and argue. There is something bigger that they need to focus on. They need to find Blue. Cross feels his cheekbones burn. He feels like a scolded kid. Ink makes him feel like one every time he looks at him with that look and phrase. 'My boys.' Cross shakes his head, attempting to get rid of his flush. He looks around. The room is dark, light comes off of every door. Enough to see the symbol on the door, not enough to light the whole room. Endless doors fill each wall like an infinite hallway of doors. He stares at the doors before looking at the key in Dream's hand. The symbol should match the one on the door then. If only it was as easy as finding Dream's door.

Killer frowns as he looks around. He tries to block out the feelings stirring in his soul from seeing Ink. He needs to focus on something else or else he'll break. He can't break now, not yet. He drags his attention to the key in Dream's hand. Something about the symbol on Blue's key is weird to him. It doesn't make sense. Dream having the shape of his crown above a sun makes sense as his key. But Blue? His key is two arrows in a loop, a cycle. It doesn't make sense for that to be his key. Why would- oh, there's his door.

"Hey guys!" All of them turn to Killer. "I think I found Blue's door!" He looks over the symbol on the door as Nightmare hurries over with Dream still on his back.

Dream looks at the door before looking at the key in his hand. "I think..." He checks once more before lighting up with hope. "This is it! We found Blue's door!" Dream smiles before pushing off Nightmare's back to unlock the door himself. He glances back at the others. "Everyone ready? We don't know what's going on behind the door."

Cross nods. "All of us have our weapons ready to go. On your mark, Dream."

Dream nods before placing the key in the lock. He turns it, watching as the key melts into the lock, fusing before hearing a click. Dream turns the doorknob and pushes the door open slowly. He looks in, but seeing nothing, he heads inside while motioning the others to follow him inside.