34

Harry's POV

She had locked herself in the bathroom. I could hear her crying. It had been over 30 minutes. If she didn't come out soon I would break the fucking door down.

"Baby." I knocked on the door for what felt like the 90th time.

She didn't answer. I heard the water turn on. Then off again. The door opened and I looked down.

My eyes scanning over her face. Her cheeks were covered in splotches. Her eyes were bloodshot, and swollen. Her nose was red.

"Sweetheart..." I pulled her into my arms. "Baby girl, it's going to be okay."

"How? Do you want to be married to me?" She looks up at me.

I don't know how to answer this question without digging myself further into a hole. "It doesn't really matter now. We are married." I kiss her hair.

"We can get it annulled right? Nobody has to know?" Echo questions.

For some reason that makes me angry. "You ashamed of me?"

She blinks at me. "No. Why would you even.... I'm not ashamed of you. This just wasn't what I was invisioning for myself. I thought I would marry someone who loved me. At the very least I thought I would remember my wedding."

I shove my hands through my hair. Trying to get my anger under control. "I care about you."

I cared about her more than I cared about anyone else.

I could see in her face that she wasn't understanding. "Let me get dressed. I'll take you down for breakfast."

I needed a few minutes away from her to collect my thoughts and think about this.

She meant more to me than anyone else ever had. Beside my mother, and my sister. Echo had become everything to me. Did I love her? How was I supposed to know if what I felt for her was love.

I'd only ever loved my mum and my sister. I didn't know what romantic love felt like. I didn't know how long you were supposed to be with someone until you loved them. I didn't know Jack fucking Shit about relationships.

I knew that Echo made me better. I knew I couldn't wait to see her when we weren't together. I knew I enjoyed spending time with her. I knew I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. I knew that the thought of her being with someone else made me physically ill. I knew that the thought of her wanting to get our marriage annulled made me want to punch the wall.

Was it really so fucking crazy to try this out? Was it really so crazy that I didn't mind calling her my wife?

I let my thoughts drift as I showered, then got dressed. When I got out of the bathroom Echo was sitting on the bed waiting for me.

Breakfast was tense. She didn't say much. When we were finished with our food I paid the bill, and took her hand. Intertwining our fingers together. "Walk with me."

We end up walking along the strip. In silence. I can practically see the wheels turning in her head. "What if we didn't annul?"

"What?" She stops short, her mouth slightly open. "Are you demented?"

I feel my jaw tighten. "No."

She turns to look at me head on. "We've been dating for less than 2 months."

I stare down at her. I watch as she runs through each and every scenario. "Baby, stop thinking and just do what makes you happy."

I move my hands to cup her cheeks. "I might be insane babe, I might be psychotic, but denial is your favorite color, and toxic is the new normal. Jump off the bridge with me baby."