1

I was late. Really fucking late. I'd gone directly from the salon to the restaurant to work through dinner rush and help close. Then jumped into my car, dropped off dinner to both sets of my grandparents and rushed to the bar.

Only there was an accident on 5th and Main. Meaning I had to take the long way and go down 9th and Federal. Looping back around to cut up 7th. 

It was late, I was exhausted, and I still needed to work for 5 more hours before I went home. 

When I'd finally got to the bar I hopped off my skateboard and ran inside. 

Bae looked up at me and shook her head. That meant our boss was on the warpath. Again. I was already on thin fucking ice.

Pulling my flannel off of my shoulders I tied it around my waist and snuck behind the bar. My best friend was behind the bar, slinging drinks like the pro she was. It was packed in here and she looked cool and collected.

"Where you want me?" I nodded at her.

Bae pointed to the far corner. "Take them." 

My eyes shifted to where she pointed. Fucking fuck. My sister, my brother, and our cousins, the fucking lot of them were sat in the corner of the bar. Staring at me. 

"Just throw me to the fucking sharks Bae." 

"Better hurry up. They look thirsty." She smirks at me. Her icy blue eyes twinkling. She flips her long black hair over her shoulder and saunters over to one of the regulars.

"Thanks so much." I glare at her. I set up a tray with drinks. 3 tequilas neat, 2 beers, 2 vodkas.

I set the tray down on their table and pass out their drinks. Getting ready to make a fucking dash for it I grab the tray and am about to haul ass when a hand reaches out and grabs my wrist.

"When was the last time you slept?" My brother asked me. 

Rolling my eyes I looked down at him. "I'm working Javi." 

"You're always working chica." My cousin Miguel clicked his tongue. 

He wasn't lying. I was always working. Between school, and my everyday bills, I was drowning.

"Bitch got bills, and responsibilities." I was going to have to pick up extra hours to cover the washer and dryer I just replaced for my abuela and abuelo, because it had come out of my rent. 

"Abuela called Papá, and Oni called Oma. They want you to come over for dinner on Sunday." Jai raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me.

"I have to work." I shake my head at my sister. I had a shift at the bar. One I desperately needed.

"They aren't asking." This comes from my cousin Jae. "You know Javier is just going to corner you the next shift you work at the restaurant, and Bai will corner you at the salon." 

"Fuck. Fine." 

Miguel slides a hundred dollar bill into my hand. "Keep the change." 

"Fuck off." I'm not a charity case. 

"I plan to." He smirks at me and nods towards Bae. I see him staring at her ass as she bends over to pump a keg.  

"You leave her alone." I glare at him. "I swear to God Miguel, you put your dick anywhere near her I will fuck you up."

"Chica, who says I ain't already..." Miguel raises his eyebrow at me.

"Finish that sentence, I will fucking cut you."