7

Sunday dinner at my parents house was always a big deal. It was something that the whole family attended. No excuses.

Not just family, but friends too. Bae always came with me. Niall always showed up. Lately Zayn had been coming.

I think he and Bae had something going on. He was spending an insane amount of time at her apartment.

I had been at my parents house all morning. Helping make food for what was sure to be a massive gathering this afternoon. Jai and Cho had showed up around the same time as I did, it was nice. Spending time with Oma, my sister, my cousin, and my Imo. Oni and Oji had shown up about an hour and a half after I did.

I knew Abuela and Abuelo would be arriving shortly. I was thankful that I had all of these strong women around me.

My mother had helped raise all of us. Imo stepping in when Oma was busy at the salon. Oni stepping in when when Imo and Oma couldn't be there. It takes a village, I was really lucky that my village had chosen me.

When Abuela and Abuelo walked into the kitchen all hell broke loose, just like always. Abuelo was trying to steal bites of food, grinning when everyone started slapping at his hands.

Abuela moved her way in and we started making the traditional Mexican dishes along with the traditional Korean. Fusing them together to create what always resulted  in something delicious. Kimchi and Bulgogi tacos. Short rib tostadas. Empanadas, tteok-bokki covered in gooey cheese.

Cooking with my family always made me incredibly happy. Even though they were crazy and invasive sometimes these moments with them were always my favorite.

"What's going on with you and Harry?" Jai elbows me in the ribs lightly as I roll out dough to make tortillas.

I turn to glare at her. Pulling my lips inside of my mouth. "Nothing..."

Cho raises an eyebrow at me. "Mmm hmmmm. I saw how he was looking at you the other night when he was singing at the club. How'd you get roped into backing for him anyway?"

I glared down at the tortilla press, pretending the dough I was mashing was Harry's face. "Niall made me."

Cho's eyes light up at the mention of Niall's name. She's had a crush on him for ages, but she won't go for it considering my past with him. Which is stupid. He and I couldn't make it work. We were young and stupid and both of us made mistakes.

"You should ask him out." I tell Cho, bumping our shoulders together.

"Stop deflecting." Jai pinched my arm.

"Et!" Oma clicked her tongue. "Stop it."

There was a commotion coming from the entryway. Loud laughter and banging.

Oma clicked her tongue again, as we all made our way out of the kitchen to see what was going on. Javi and Miguel had Jae pinned on the floor while Niall doubled over laughing. Behind Niall with a slightly amused look on his face was Harry.

Oma started yelling in Korean about how they were destroying the house. Smacking at the boys.

Harry's green eyes found mine. He stared at me while I glared at him. I noticed bits of glitter still in his hair.

"Echo echo echo echo..." Niall called to me.

Never being able to resist his charm I walked to him. He scooped me into his arms and placed a kiss on my forehead. "How are you mi amor? Mi corazon?"

I shrugged a shoulder. "I haven't put my head in an oven yet."

Throwing his head back in laughter he pulled away from me to greet my sister and Cho.

Harry was still watching me. His thumb and forefinger rubbing against his bottom lip. A small smirk played over his lips.

"What the fuck are you looking at Tinkerbell?" I snapped at him. His eyes darkened. The smirk on his face turned down right wicked. Almost like it made him hard the way I challenged him.

"Mija!" Papa chided coming in from livingroom.

I gave Harry another glare before moving out of his way so he could come into the house. He moved away from me just as Bae walked in Zayn right behind her.

Bae gave Harry a dirty look before following me into the backyard. Everyone was gathering around a large table.

Harry and Niall sat down opposite of me and Bae. Zayn next to Bae with his arm around her shoulders.

When everyone was seated bowls of food were passed around. "Why does it look you rolled around in a vat of glitter?" Bae questioned Harry.

Harry looked right at my face. His green eyes darkening slightly, a smirk pulling at the corner of his lips.

"Someone put glitter in my air vents."

Niall let out a snort, Javi, Miguel, and Jae all started laughing. Zayn even chuckled.

"Who would do that?" My Abuelo asked.

Harry nodded his head toward me. "Echo."

Oma's chopsticks clattered to her plate. She started speaking to me in rapid Korean. I shook my head answering back. Both in Korean and Spanish. Javi's face turned pale when my father glared at him. His hand coming up to slap him in the back of the head.

I gave Javi a triumphant smile. Knowing I'd won this round.

After we had finished eating Javi, Miguel, and Jae cleaned the dishes while the rest of us sat outside underneath twinkling lights listening to music.

Abuelo pulled me up by my hand. "Dance with me mija."

He pulled me close as he twirled me around the backyard. "That longhaired one can't take his eyes off of you."

I looked over to find Harry watching me as he sipped tequila.

"He's an ass." I shook my head.

"You like this ass." Abuelo smiled down at me.

I started to shake my head. But he cut me off. "Listen to your abuelo. Love worth having doesn't happen often. The way that man watches you... it's the same way I watch Abuela. He might be an ass, but that ass cares for you mija." 

I'm about to say something when Abuelo moves away and gestures at Harry. "You, El Hippie. Ven aca."

Harry walks over to me. "Teach him to dance mija."

I started to move away when Harry grabbed my waist and spun me towards him. His long hair framing his face. Wayward chocolate curls that I wanted to run my fingers though.

"You know how to dance Tinkerbell?"

His dark chuckle caused goosebumps to break out over my skin. "Little Shit." He took the lead. Moving me over the lawn with graceful feet. "You want to know what happened when I started my car and glitter came flying out everywhere... then your bratty ass sent me that text. Do you know what happened?"

"I don't give a flying fuck..."

He pressed his hips into me as he dipped me by my back then pulled me back up against his chest slowly. His large hand sliding down my thigh to grasp the back of my knee and bring my leg up by his waist. "I got fucking hard." His lips whispered against my ear.

"Sorry Tinkerbell, you're just not my type." I shook my head at him, haring how my body was betraying my words. He could feel that my heart rate had sped up. He could feel that my breath was coming in short pants, he could see my pupils had dialted. He knew what effect he had on me.

"You know what Little Shit. I think you want me inside of you as badly as I want to be there." His lips pressed against the hollow of my throat. "I think your needy cunt is dripping for me." His long fingers splayed on my lower back. "I think you're driven as insane as I am by the thought of your taste on my tongue."

I was practically panting when he spun me away from him then pulled me back. "You want me just as badly as I want you Little Shit. Call me when you're tired of fighting it."

He released me and walked away without looking back at me. Leaving me a soaking puddle in the middle of my parents lawn. Fucking asshole.