41

I fall asleep on the couch. I'm awoken sometime later when arms are wrapping around me and carrying me to bed.

I don't know what time it is. I really don't give a shit. I'm exhausted.

"Goodnight Little Shit." Harry kisses my forehead.

"Night Tink." I mumble.

He climbs into bed behind me and pulls into his arms. "My mum and sister just got in."

What? Did I hear him right?

"What the flying fuck Harry?" I sit up and rub my eyes.

Harry gives me an amused grin. I can't deciper if he is kidding or if he wants me to kill him.

"You didn't warn me they were coming why?" I snap.

"They want to meet my wife. I wasn't going to give you the chance to sneak off."

I let out a puff of air. "Guess I'm getting up." I roll out of bed and ignore Harry's protests.

Slipping on his t-shirt, and my yoga pants I pull my hair into a bun, put on my glasses and make my way out to the kitchen.

I start taking out ingredients.

"What are you doing?" Harry grumbles. "Come back to bed."

"Absolutely not. The women in my family would kill me if they knew I had company and didn't cook. You go back to bed. I'm busy." I push him away from me.

"My sister is vegan." Harry wraps his arms around my waist. Pulling me back into his chest. "I was just going to order in..."

"Nonsense. I can work with vegan. I'm Korean and Mexican...Adjacent..." I pull my lips into my mouth. I'm not Korean... I'm white... I'm not Mexican... I'm white... But I was raised with the cultures. With the food. With the traditions.

"Baby..."

That's the closest I've ever heard to a whine come out of his mouth.

"Harry if you don't get away from me..." I put my hands on my hips and stare up at him.

He grins. "You look like your abuela when you do that."

"Oh... do I? You've got two seconds before la chancla comes off..."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "What if I help?"

Now it's my turn to look surprised. "You want to help?"

He looks at me and nods. Shy. Harry has never been shy... not with me.

The only other time he's offered to cook with me is earlier today. Well, yesterday.

I wrap my arms around his neck and bring his face down for a kiss. "I'd love the help."

"What are we making?"

I wrack my brain. "I dunno."

I'm thinking of what I could make that is completely vegan, when Harry wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my head.

"What about those dumpling things?"

Mandu. I can do that. "And summer rolls..."

"You can make those spicy rice cakes...."

"I can do all of this later if you're tired..."

Harry shakes his head. Looking down at me slightly amused. "You dragged me out of bed..."

"You sprung this on me... What if they don't like me?" I voice my fears.

Harry shakes his head. "Baby... you really need to have a better opinion of yourself."