44

Trigger warning: ummm violence, mention of assault. Other stuff...

Harry's POV

Blood.

So much blood.

I lived for this.

It used to be the thing that I craved the most.

I titled my head to the side and smiled at the man who was standing in front of the door I needed to get through. According to some spineless fucker downstairs, Echo was inside of the room behind that door.

Echo was in there, with Dimitri and his "hand".

I wanted in that fucking room.

"You have two seconds to move the fuck out of my way."

The man looks at me.

"One..." I bring my hand up and flick the knife it's holding towards the door. It embeds itself into the man's neck.

My smile gets wider as I watch the blood ooze out.

"Two."

He slumps down. Clutching at the knife. Gurgling. Choking on his own blood.

Satisfying.

"Niall."

I jerk my head towards the door. Niall looks at me.

"You sure you want me to blow it up? Echo is in there."

"Just enough to knock the door loose." I nod.

Niall studies me for a moment. "Alright."

I turn around and look at the men behind me.

For lack of better words, my friends. My family. "When that door opens, it's going to be mayhem. Shoot whatever you have to. Kill whatever you have to. Dimitri is mine, I want to know which fuck touched Echo. When we find out, no one kill him. He's mine." I turn back to Niall, he looks at me.

"Ready?"

I nod. Niall steps back.

He has a detonator in his hand. I wait counting the seconds.

"Masks down. Goggles on." Jae commands.

He pulls two devices out of his vest that I don't recognize.

I do what he says. Pull the gas mask he's insisted we all have on us. Down over my face. He has an extra one looped to his wrist.

Niall pulls his mask down.

We all press the button that Jae is pointing to on the side of his mask. On our own there is an identical button.

Someone should have mentioned he was a covert operation expert.

Niall presses his thumb down on the detonator. The door pops off the hinges and slams back into the wall. Jae steps to the side and tosses in a flash bomb, and then a smoke bomb.

That fuck.

Echo is in there.

I see flashes, they are shooting at nothing we haven't even gone in there yet.

I start to move forward. Jae is flanking my left.

I get why he wanted us in the masks now, and the goggles. Infrared. They read heat signatures.

I see Jae start cherry picking bodies off. He shoots three in the head.

Picking the ones off that are in the corners of the room.