[𝟹𝟿] game of life

Hero

Her hands tremble while reading the letter. I knew one day it would come at my doorstep but never did I imagine it will fall in Josephine's hands. Knox is enjoying this way too much. I didn't know he can plan something as elaborate as this but I know he's capable.

Her tears stained the paper as she reads it and she's smart that she already knows what will happen if I was ever found guilty of everything the paper said. I am. I am guilty and I never felt any ounce of remorse about what I did to him. He deserved every bit of blow I gave to him if not more.

She gasped and covered her mouth when she finished reading it. She tossed it on the dashboard, wiping her tears from her cheeks. I don't know what to say to her but I know she's so upset about what she said but I didn't expect anything she's about to tell me.

"He touched me..." Her voice is faint but I feel like my head just exploded once I realized what she just said. I looked at her. Furious at myself, furious about the useless piece of paper sitting on the dashboard and even furious at how Knox took everything to his advantage.

I was about to step out of the car and give him another broken jaw when Josephine reached out for my arm and gripped it hard.

"Let me go, bit." I snarl at her unintentionally. I am so angry and if I don't do anything about, I will fucking explode in this parking lot.

"Let's just go home. Please." She pleaded to me and I looked into her eyes, red from all the crying, and see the pain behind it. Finding out about my botched future and Knox putting his hands on her. Just thinking about it made me want to rip him in half.

"Let's go." She demanded and I turned the key, the engine purrs and I stepped on the gas like I would kick a ball.

After realizing what happened to her, my hands trembled. I don't know if it's fear or just pure anger bubbling inside of me. I don't know how I parked the car up front but I know Phoebe would be so angry about it. I stepped out of the car and I went straight to the Langfords' planning to tell her parents all about it.

"Where the hell are you going?" she said, blocking my entry to the house.

"Your parents should still be there. They need to know."

"Stop right there." Both of her hands are on either side of her waist and I look down at her, confused at how she's acting this way. Her parents need to know about this as much as they need to take action for it.

I wasn't able to ask another question when Elizabeth rushed outside, her hair a mess and her eyes are tired.

"Honey, it's Bailey."

Josephine rushed to the house and I did the same. I look at the floor where Bailey usually sleeps and she's there, lying down, not responding but her eyes are open and her tongue is out, occasionally licking the floor.

"Bailey?" Josephine rubbed her dog's back, expecting her to respond. Bailey's tail wagged but slowly fanned on the wooden floor, evident she's really weak. And she's an old dog and has been Josephine's best friend ever since she's three years old.

Josephine sobbed, kneeling down beside Bailey and my heart ached looking at her.

"We should take her to the vet." She stood up and grabbed her car keys and I stopped her. Elizabeth looked up at me and I grab the keys from Jo's hand and I offered to accompany her to the vet.

Stephen and I laid out a blanket and carried Bailey over it and I can see that her stomach is bloated. I haven't noticed anything unusual with Bailey the past few days but I can't think of a time we've stayed here longer than ten seconds.