[𝟺𝟷] promposal

Hero

"I can't quite figure out if this is lime or is it lemon?" Booker inspects two packets which I really don't know what is.

I gave him a look and he faces me. "Can you tell?"

I look at both packets on his hand, inspecting if there's something that says what the flavor is. That's when I saw a small picture of lemon just covered by his index finger.

"That's lemon, this is lime. It's written on the packaging, you dimwit." I point to whatever he holds.

"Great, thanks!" He scoffs before stuffing both foils inside his gym bag. "By the way, prom's in a week. Did you propose yet?"

Of course, promposal. It sounds cheesy but every high school couple seems to go through it. Not my thing before but definitely I need to make an effort now.

"You didn't plan anything, did you?" Book stares at me with doubtful eyes like I fucking killed someone.

"I mean, she's already my date no matter what. What the hell should I do the promposal for?"

"Oh my friend, put some romance in your bones, will you?" Book snickers and pushed me playfully, my arm hitting the locker.

I shrugged but I already got some ideas in my mind on how this promposal will go. I'd prefer it just the two of us but I really don't know what will happen in a few hours.

Josephine went straight to the vet when we landed and fortunately, it's all good news. We got to take home Bailey and she's looking livelier as ever. The vet gave her some real life expectations about Bailey's condition and also gave her medicines she would need to take. I don't think Josephine cared about how much money she spent but the fact she can bring Bailey home is an achievement in itself.

She should be out for half of the day and I told her to rest. She's been tired so I'm surprised to see her walking the hallway with Madison.

In an instant, she saw me and smiles at me. I shut my locker and she makes her way to me. Telling Madison something and then she walks away. Booker still stands beside me so I kicked him on the leg causing him to wince. Once he's out of sight, I grabbed Josephine's face and kissed her full on the lips.

"I think I told you to rest, bit."

She shrugs her shoulders and put her arm around my waist under my jacket.

"I love Bailey, you know that. But she's been staring at me like I'm some stranger that needs to be out of the house and I got bored so, here I am."

I didn't argue but kissed the top of her head. Thinking about many things I can do for my promposal. I hate to admit it but I'm quite excited about it.

"Will you be busy today?" She asks and I go back to the things I need done.

Aside from the few hours of practice in the field, nothing much for me today. Although I can't quite figure out how should I propose for the prom thing. I never am the one to prepare for these things.

"Not much, do you want to do something?"

She bits her lower lip, something she's done when she's thinking of something naughty. She smiles at me and rests her tiny hand on my face. Her hand is warm and inviting, something I look forward to every time.

She giggles and I think she has a plan for us today. "We can go to Ivy's Hill." She tugs on my arm and I close my locker, turning the knob just in time she dragged me out of the hallway.

"So that means we will..."

"Cut classes, yeah!" she said enthusiastically. I look down at her, confused.