[𝟸𝟽] oh brother...

Hero

Titan sweet talks Josephine most of the time we're in the VIP booth, talking about British slangs and how Aussies have the sexiest accent ever. I shake my head and just smile. If this wasn't my brother and if I didn't know him enough to be a harmless flirt, I would punch his face. Genuinely, I missed him and I missed hanging out with him. Titan is the oldest and always the person I can relate to than my younger sister, Mercy. Although Mercy can relate to me in other ways and that's my temper. Mercy and I both can't be in the same room together or we'll kill each other. 

I bring the glass to my lips, feeling the burning sensation of whiskey on my tongue down to my throat, making my insides warm. Titan winked at me at some time but I lost track of what was the topic. And I feel like I'm still walking on eggshells around Josephine. We never talked about what is between us. I know she broke up with Knox and wanting me to believe I didn't cause any of it but Josephine is the type of person who acts on impulse. She was like this ever since we were kids and I noticed the pattern when we hit our teens. And that pattern became a behavior.

"You're sleeping in that empty house? Oh, you're not having much fun." Titan smirks at me, sipping on his own drink.

"I don't want to sleep in a hotel." I answered and he just laughed. Josephine looks at me and I just nod, not showing any emotion. I think that phone call she said she got from Jonah is not what she says it is. 

"So, both of you are playing house, huh?" Titan slaps the table, a habit he got from Dad. Table slapping, back clapping when they're excited. Titan and Mercy looked a lot like Dad actually, I'm just the different in the bunch. I hate to admit but I look more like my mother.

"Oh, we're not really in a relationship." Josephine gulps the pink liquid from her glass, looked at me and then looked down.

What was that about? I didn't expect for her to be blunt like that. Or was she afraid to admit something in front of my brother?

"Really?" Titan asked, smirking with the glass looming over his lips. "The aura between you two is different, I can almost smell it, so don't deny."

Josephine blushes and I throw my brother a glare. "Stop reading people, Titan. It makes you look weird."

"Oh I'm weird?" He set down his glass on the table, propped his elbows on his knees, his hands touching his chin, smiling at me and back at Josephine. He pointed a finger at me and said, "Did you know that my little brother here had a book of spells and had a magic wand he bought from a gypsy store thinking he can be a warlock?" 

"Titan, stop." She doesn't need to hear weird stories from my family.

"A fucking warlock, can you imagine? He's pretty tall for his age so at seven he's like towering everybody else. He would sneak out of our backyard, run to the gypsy store and buy stuff from his Christmas money. The old lady in the gypsy store took a liking on him and gave him free stuff he would come and visit. His room stinks of burnt wood and nasty looking crafts."

Josephine giggled almost spitting her drink and I just shake my head at the ridiculousness of the situation. I was an adventurous kid I must say. Although Hester, the owner of the gypsy store passed away when I was eight years old. Her store is turned into some kind of restaurant by her family. And that's the last time I ever saw it.

"Shut up, Titan. It's not like you haven't had your fair share of your silly adventures."

"Well, I did, brother. But mostly it was with girls and not magic wands."

I gave him the bird and he threw his head back in laughter. Someone came over and whispered something to him so he stood up and excused himself. I tip my head back and raised my hand to ask for more whiskey.