🏐KaraKage🏐🛑Unusual🛑

⇨Karasuno X Kageyama⇦
ⓗⓐⓘⓚⓨⓤⓤ

Kings, those who were called that had a high position and respect by those they rule over. Kageyama Tobio always dreamed to be like that. Him and his sister always had fun listening to those stories told by their grandfather. He respected those rulers, those Kings. He wanted to be one and be called one but it wasn't the way he expected it to be.

He was called a King but not the kind of King he always dreamed to be. He was the King of the court.  As a player that is one hell of a title, rival teams feared him for that. Only if they know what that title really meant.

Tyrant King, mostly the villains of the stories but then get overthrown by the 'good guy'. That's what he was. He always wondered what he had done wrong. He wanted to win, he wanted to stay in the court to make his Grandpa proud. Why did they leave him and turned their backs on him?

For a setter's set not to be spiked intentionally by his spikers, it's humiliating. It's as if they are showing that they don't approve or recognize them as their setter. It was as if he was voted out of the team.

Deep down he understood them, the way he ordered them around, shouting at them for every mistake even though they were trying. It was just that he thought he was doing it right. They were blocking their own potential but he just couldn't bring them out. He wasn't the King who is suited for them but someone else is.

The great King as Hinata calls him, he really was the King he dreamed to become. The way he can get his teammates to show their full potential and even surpass him. He just wasn't like that..... He was nowhere near the ruler he wanted to become

'What a silly and childish dream'

♕♔Unusual♔♕▩✘

"Oi King. " Tsukishima's usual mocking greet. Usually, Tobio would've shouted at him to stop calling him that. Rather then doing that, the setter just walked off and ignored him. The blonde was surprised at this and just stared at the raven's slouching stride rather than the usual stride full of authority and confidence.

'This day isn't looking too good. ' Tsukishima thought as he keep seeing unusual things happening. At first he didn't mind it but seeing the swollen and dull eyes of a first year setter he started to get uneasy.

"Bakayama! What's wrong?  You aren't doing our quick attack. " Hinata called off Kageyama. The team was quite surprised but agreed with Hinata's statement. Usually the two of them will be pumped up for practice but now. It was only the Middle blocker who was bubbling with excitement.

"Gotta agree Kageyama. It is quite worrying how you've been acting today. " Suga said, intervening between the two when he saw how the setter glared at the blocker.

"It's nothing Suga-san... Just tired." he replied and walked off. Telling the team that he was just gonna freshen up.

"Woah, wasn't that unusual? " Tanaka exclaimed. Noya nodded, agreeing with his bro and placed his right hand on his chin to make it look like he was thinking about something deeply.

"Yeah! Usually it's Kageyama who calls off Shoyo and calling him Boke everytime. Then they'll do the insane quick and when Shoyo miss, he gets hit in the head saying that he should've hit it if his mind weren't wandering somewhere else!" Noya pointed out and explained to the team which everyone agreed silently.

"Weird... " Tsuikishima whispered to himself. Looking at the direction which the setter left before.

When the setter left the gym to freshen he went straight to a near hand washing station. There he opened the faucet and let the water flow for a moment before putting his head under it as a way of waking himself up.

'Dang it! Why am I so off game! Pull yourself together! '

He repeated again and again to himself. After a few moments he turned of the faucet and let the water drip from his hair. He went back to the gym and was scolded by Sugawara.

"Kageyama. You should dry your hair or you'll get sick" Suga scolded and went to get a towel which Kiyoko kindly gave him. He then started drying the setter's head. "Is something wrong?  You usually already know this stuff. You even keep reminding Hinata about this." Suga stated. It made Kageyama silent. The older sighed and let the conversation end. After he was done drying his hair. He gave kageyama a pat in the shoulder.

"If you need to talk, I'm here." He then left the setter om his own. Kageyama stayed silent the whole game and seemed more spacey than before.

✘▩♕♔Unusual♔♕▩✘

After practice, they surrounded the setter. "Kageyama, look I know that we might be pushing the thing called privacy but we really are worried. Come on, please talk to us. " Suga pleaded growing more and more worried by the second. The Raven just stared up at them as teara began to well up in his eyes. The team felt the need to do something but didn't know what until the person they never expected took action first and hugged the setter as comfort.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Come on don't cry King. " Tsukishima said as he rubbed circles on the raven's back. When the Raven finally started to calm down they tried asking a question again. It was merely a question but it made the Raven break more. He didn't expect it, he didn't expect that someday he'll be ask that question before.

"Are you okay Kageyama? "Kiyoko asked, with that he started to sob more and the team decided to have a group hug to comfort him with their presence.

"S-sorry to worry you all... Its just, today is my grandpa's death anniversary... And.. I just can't help but think of all these stupid things....haha" he said as he wiped the tears in his eyes. "It isn't stupid Kageyama. Come on you can talk to us. " Ennoshita persuaded. The Raven took in a breath to calm himself first. There he told the story of a young boy who dreamed to be a King. Dreamed to have people by his side, supporting him in any way.

"I agree with your previous statement King. You really are stupid. " Tsukishima scoffed which earned glares from the team. "What?  He really is stupid though?  What's more to dream about if he already achieved it?  What?  Are we not counted as his followers?"

"Tsukki, I think there is a much more better way to explain hat you're saying rather than what you're doing" yamaguchi awkwardly scolded. "What I think he means is that. Karasuno is your kingdom now. You're our King now. Forget what happened in Kitagawa" Kinoshita explained. "You have us now. You are no longer the Tyrant King of the court your now Kageyama Tobio, a first year setter of Karasuno. "Narita finished and they all smiled warmly at the setter.

"Kageyama Tobio, our team-mate, our setter, our King and most importantly .....Our Friend"