∅🏐HoshiKage🏐◎Look◎

⇨Hoshiumi X Kageyama⇦
ⓗⓐⓘⓚⓨⓤⓤ

The day I met you, I couldn't get you out of my head. You weren't surprised in the slightest of how I played nor did you underestimate me because of my height, you were...... You were different, different from all the people I met.

I walked up to you and asked but you just replied that I'm a good 'reference' I didn't know what you meant but it stinged for me. My heart just ached from that comment. I walked away but I couldn't stop thinking about your answer.

The training camp ended and we said farewell. We did meet again at Nationals where I saw you again and see him standing beside you. The one I'd be a good reference as you said. He was smaller than me and it made me proud but the way you looked so proud and happy at him and the way you worked so perfect together.... I wanted it..

After that it was our time to play against each other. I wanted to challenge him, to prove that I was better than him but it became clear to me. I couldn't win against him, not in the slightest. We did win the match but I didn't win against him. He was sick but if he wasn't. I knew.... I knew deep inside, we would have lost.

Years after that we graduated and you joined the Adlers. The team where I joined aswell. I hoped and hoped that maybe this time. This time you would look at me, only me. I was so wrong.

The way those blueberry eyes of your's held that proud and sparkling look. The way you smiled at him as he was being praised by his team and the hurt in your eyes as you felt you were being replaced by another setter.

I wanted to hug you, to take you, to say I was there, to make you look at me. Only me but you didn't, you still looked at the other side of the court and congratulated him on his win. You smiled at him like he was the sun and you were the Icarus that couldn't stay away from it.

I watched from the sidelines and cheered you on. No matter how it hurt me. I wanted to see that smile again, I just wanted for you to be happy even if it meant being with him and not me....

The world can really be a cruel place. To see the one you love smiling like there was no tomorrow as you see that the one he loves is being married to another.

Another which isn't him.

"You okay there Kageyama? " he said walking up to the setter and giving him a glass of wine. The setter looked at him and gave him a sad smile. Wine in hand he looked at the newlywed couple and sighed. "Hoshiumi-san... Was I..  Wa I not good enough for him? " Kaheyama stated with a sad tone and stared at him with a hurt expression. It hurt Hoshiumi because he too, felt the same way and he couldn't stand seeing him like that.

"I... It's not that you aren't enough Kageyama.. It's just, he wasn't the one for you and you weren't the one for him.. " he knew, he knew how much that sentence hurts but he wanted the setter to accept it, quicker than he did. To prevent the hurting that he felt all those years in denial that he could.. That he could be the one in he's heart.

"Look at it this way. You may not have ended up together, but those memories that you have with each other are irreplaceable because you are you and he is he. You're an irreplaceable part of his life cause if you were. He wouldn't be waving and calling out for you right at this second. " Hoshiumi stated and chuckled pointing at the waving and smiling Hinata Shoyo.

Kageyama looked at the direction and smiled. "Thanks Hoshiumo-san." Kageyama said and made his way to his best friend. Hoshiumi watched as he see the setter smiling and laughing like he usually did.

"You did a great job there Hoshiumi" a sudden voice said and snapped him out of his trance. He looked up and saw Ushijima. He smiled and looked back down his wine and gulped it in one go.

"What ever do you mean Ushijima-san? "

"Don't even deny it. I may be what they call dense but our setter over there is much more denser. I could see the way you look at him and the way you looked at them. " he gestured towards the two bestfriend's who were playfully fighting each other as their highschool team were laughing and congratulating Hinata.

"Yeah... " Ushijima looked at the shorter one and pat him in the back. "Do your own advice sometimes. " he finished and walked towards his partner who was teasing their old first year.

"Haha.... If only I could. " he whispered to himself and looked back again at the former Karasuno team and more specifically at the two former duo....

If only I was better. If only you knew me first would you look at me. Would you look at me the same way you look at him. If only. If only I was him......

I truly love you deepy. Kageyama Tobio. Thought the one you love isn't Hoshiumi Korai.

The one you love is him, Hinata Shoyo but the one he loves isn't you but his new setter. Miya Atsumu.

Please just once. Look at me. Look at the person beside you, the one who loves you. Please Kageyama. Please look at me...

Please.....