∅ꨄ︎𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕂𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕂𝕒𝕘𝕖ꨄ︎♔︎𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐♔︎

ʀᴇǫᴜᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ:
MelAmirag

⇨Kindaichi X Kunimi X Kageyama
ⓐⓘⓚⓨⓤⓤ

"You could've gotten that! " shouted the frustrated raven. He felt that his team wasn't putting an effort to practice at all. Someone clicked their tongue. "It was already too far away. Why should I chase after it." The boy replied crossing his arms.

"The game doesn't stop until the ball hits the ground! You could've atleast tried to keep it up than just standing like an idiot! " he shouted and started stomping out of the gym. "Geez, it's just a practice match" the man said, his gaze following the the raven setter. "Don't bother Kindaichi." The shorter said beside him, shaking his head as he too gazed at the setter.

"Ugh! Be faster! You could've spiked that if you actually practice! " he scolded his spiker. "That was too fast for me! And I'm not a volleyball addict like you! " he shouted back and it lead to a full out argument. The coach came in and saw this, he scolded the two and had a talk with Kageyama about how he should treat his teammates. Sadly, Kageyama didn't listen to his coach and wanted to prove that this will make them into a much more better team.

"King," that was all he heard every match, he was the so called the King of the court. He was feared and mocked by those who knew what it meant. He became the tyrant setter of Kitagawa.

He hoped that even with those disagreement and arguments he had with two specific people. It wouldn't get in the way of their relationship. Until he found out.... That the one who started the title was none other than his two friends.

In their final match together, he was left in court, to show that they don't acknowledge him as their setter anymore. He approached his friends after that. "Why... why would you do that to me?! " his voice cracked at the end as the two stared at him.

"I thought we were friends?! How could you just leave me behind like that." He said saddened that they turned their backs on him. Hoping that he'll hear an explanation or any kind of positive reason. He wast left broken at what he heard. "We were never friends. King" after hearing those five words, he stood in place watching the two figures disappear and away from him.

His eyes started to water as he realized what he had done and what had been done. He was left behind by the people he called friend. He put down those who thought weren't taking his love for volleyball seriously and finally. He made this happen, if he were a little more understanding and actually listened to his coach maybe just maybe, he would've been actual friends with them.

He said blaming himself for everything that happened. Unknown to him, two people who were quietly walking away from him stopped in place. "Was... Was I too harsh Kunimi? " Kindaichi said, feeling hurt about what he had just done. The other placed his hand on his shoulder. "I.. I'm not sure.. But he had to know this, he won't listen to us one bit" he said trying to make the other believe that what they did was for the best, along with him convincing himself.

They then met again on a practice match, now on each side of the court facing each other, they stared. Seeing the hurt in the raven's eyes, they looked away in guilt covering it up with distaste. They specifically wanted him to be the official setter, to see if what they did was actually the right thing that they've been telling themselves.

When he saw the quick set again they clicked their tongue, thinking that he's still doing it but when they saw the number 10 hit it, their eyes widened and at that moment Kindaichi thought that if he actually did practice hard and perfect it with him. Will he too be smiling and cheering with Kageyama at that moment, congratulating him with that score. Will he too be by his side till now.

Kunimi on the other hand was still convincing and fighting with his thoughts. He really did believe he was doing what is best for the other but when he came and apologize to them again. They felt guilty, so they decided to push him away again. He was already happy with his new team. They couldn't get in the way of that. They were just thankful that this time, there was someone who actually understood him better than they could ever have.

Starting from that day. They trained and trained wanting to match with him, actually pouring their all in the sports he loves but no matter what they did they could just never catch up, they did win a match against Karasuno only to be beaten afterwards by Shiratoriziwa. Again they trained, matching with their previous senpai Oikawa. Thought everytime the other set for them, they do feele comfortable but it was different from their King's set. The one that will push them to their limits to put their all in that hit.

He was their senpai but he wasn't their King.

Again they match against Karasuno, this time giving their all. The Raven was surprised when Kunimi tried chasing a volleyball that he wouldn't normally chase. They just wanted to play with their King again, be it against or with. Thought it soon ended with Karasuno beating them and them going through finals where they also soon beat the team that their senpai couldn't beat.

As the two of them watched from the sideling of the schweiden vs jackals game. They were proud of what he had become, they quietly cheered for him in the sidelines. Pointing at hom much he had improved since the last match they also watched.

After that, they were standing up to follow the other spectators since the game was finished they didn't expect what happened next. Kageyama called out to them and said something they've always been dreaming off "Let's play together again! " he said with hopeful eyes that they couldn't just turn down. The two looked at each other and back at him with a smile "Yeah! " they agreed and then separated ways again.

The two was enjoying their peaceful walk. "Hey, Kunimi. Have you ever wondered what would've happen if we didn't do that at the time? " Kindaichi asked looking down at the ground. It made Kunimi think to himself. "I did... Before, but I guess we wouldn't be able to see the Kageyama now if we didn't. " he replied looking up at the sky. Kindaichi looked at him for a moment before doing the same.

"How about you, do you still feel guilty about how you could never hit his sets. " Kunimi smirked, teasing the other. Kindaichi grumbled. "Kinda. I mean it's in the past now right?" He then sighed. "You know that we can never become like them. Their love for volleyball is just so different then ours" Kindaichi stated. "Yeah. We could never be like them" Kunimi quietly replied.

The two continued in their peaceful walk. Minding each other's business to not embarass one another as tears started to pour from their eyes and trying to keep quiet with every sniffle. Knowing that they could never really live up to Kageyama's expectations of a team. But what they didn't know is that the only thing Kageyama ever really hoped for them was a friend.

ʰᵉʰᵉ ⁱ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵛⁱᵉʷ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗ ˢⁱⁿᶜᵉ ʷᵉ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵖᵘᵗ ᵐᵘᶜʰ ʲᵘˢᵗⁱᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵏᵘⁿⁱᵐⁱ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵏⁱⁿᵈᵃⁱᶜʰⁱ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵈⁱᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵏᵃᵍᵉʸᵃᵐᵃ.