28. Your Pain

A/N REALLY LONG! this was two chapters but I made it one. So it's almost 5,000 words. My apologies.
Veronica Sawyer
We get into the cab and get back to the hotel room. said she felt sick so we go and chill in the bathroom. We're both standing until I sit down against the wall. She's leaning against the sink and groans.
How much did you drink today? I ask

"I don't know probably that whole bottle of Jack." She says in a very cold and tired voice.

Babe you realize that can kill you right? I raise my voice a tiny bit.

"Yep!" Heather says casually.
What the fuck? Are you okay? I mean you're not okay but are you okay? I get slightly angry.

"Why the fuck are you yelling at me" she asks.
I'm not yelling! I'm just-

"Yes you are!" She argues back.

Forgive me! I thought we were on the same page here. I THOUGHT it was One Drink.

"Stop yelling at me" she yells.

I'm not yelling at you. I just care that's all. I explain.

"It doesn't seem like you care when you yell like that." She argues.

I sigh. She's clearly upset right now and I'm totally making things worse for her.

Come here. Sit down. I pat the spot between my legs. She stumbles over to me and sits down with her back against my stomach.

"I'm sorry I drank so much. Please stop yelling and being angry" she says calmly.

Listen, I'm not angry at you. I'm more angry at myself than at you.

"W-what? Why?" She looks to me.

Because...I get nervous to tell her until she looks up at me. She looks up at me and I no longer see grey soulful eyes filled with warmth and happiness...I no longer see the happy yet powerful girl full of life. I now see a lost and broken soul. It takes nearly Everything inside of me to not cry.

Heather, you have been through so much. You are in so much pain. I'm so angry that I can't just take that pain upon myself so that you can be happy again. I just get so god damn angry at myself for not being able to take that pain away from you. I want so badly to see you smile and laugh again. With everything you just went through, you didn't shed a single tear. That's how hurt you are. From what I've heard, you guys were super close. I'm sorry that I can't always make you happy. I'm sorry.I apologize after all of that. She just looks up at me. For the first time in my life, I can't read her expression until a single tear slowly rolls down her face.
Come here. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me.
"Everybody I love is leaving" she cries.

It's okay. It's going to be okay I promise. I'm not going anywhere I promise. I know I don't make you feel 100% but I will be here when you aren't and when you are. I rub her back and she puts her hand on the side of my face and looks at me before wiping a tear away.

"Don't you for a second think you don't make me the happiest girl alive." She gives a little smile before kissing me. I kiss back for a while until I stop after she gets handsy.
Heather stop. You're drunk. I say softly.

"Please?" She asks standing up  and pulling me towards the bed.

Babe, I don't want to do something if you aren't sober enough to make a decision. I argue a little.

"Fineee at least kiss meee" she giggles before pulling me onto the bed with her.

Fine. I can't say no to you. I kiss her and after a while, she just lays her head in my chest.