Jacin POV (Princess Winter)

I look across the room to Winter, she is humming some song that sounds like wolves in the night.  She is smiling and as always she looks beautiful, and as always she is wearing my engagement ring. And every time I look at that thing instead of feeling like I have a place in this world I just feel like I tying Winter to a rock. An emotionless rock, I have come to terms with the fact that that is what I am. But some how Winter sees through it, I can't even see through.

I feel something brush against my hand I shake the thoughts out of my head focusing on Winter in front of me, grinning like a mad woman. But still she looks impossibly beautiful. "Jacin, what are you think about?" She chirps.

I let out a breath, "Nothing."

"Yes you are you are doing that thing with your face, everything is scrunched together and you look like you are trying to use your lunar gift." She giggles.

I shake my head.

"Selene is almost here, Cress just sent a comm. Can you believe it, Cress is getting married? I am so happy for her."

I take her hand kissing it once. "Are you all packed, Princess."

Winter's face turns from a playful grin to a playful scold. "It's Winter." She presses her lips against mine the grins returning, "Just Winter, I am no longer a princess....Remember cousin Selene turned it into a republic. So now you have no excuse."

I let out another breath, "You will always be my princess, Winter."

Winter giggles again, "And you my fiancé, will always be my prince."

Oh dear, this chapter is insanely short. I stand by my word Jacinter will be the death of me

Comment

Vote

Be Safe