Double Date

Wolf POV

I set Michelle down softly in her crib making sure not to wake her up. I walk down the stair trying my best now to make them but this is creaky old house on a farm, so there is not much I can do. I look around once I get down stairs and momentarily panic when I don't see Scarlet. But then I remember that she is upstairs getting ready for a date night with her friend and her friend's boyfriend, Max. I let out a loud breath and collapse onto the couch but I instantly bounce right back up remembering that I am in a tuxedo.

"Wolf, " Scarlet says in a whisper-yell as not to wake up Michelle.

"Yes, Scar." I try and smooth down the back on my suit.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?" I try and look up the stairs to where Scarlet is but all I can see in her red sparkling shoes.

"Just close your eyes, Wolf."  Scarlet says sounding very giddy.

I close my eyes.

"Are your eyes closed?"

"Yes, my eyes are close."

"Okay," Scarlet giggles and she starts down the stairs her heels making a clinking sound every time she takes a step. When she gets to the bottom she say, "Okay, you can open your eyes now."

I open my eyes and turn around to see Scarlet in a sparkling red dress just like her shoes.  I grin, "You look stunning."

She grins, "I know right...I saw this dress in Winter's suitcase, and I think I inherited some of Iko's sixth sense because I somehow knew that this would look good on me."

My smiles fades just a little bit, "Scarlet, you stole this dress from Princess Winter?"

Scarlet shrugs, walking over to me, "Kind of, I mean she's not going to notice. Plus red is not really her color."

I scratch my head careful not to mess up the gel, "Okay....when is the babysitter getting here?"

Scarlet tucks her hair behind her ear, "I don't know she should be here already."

"Hey, Scarlet." I pluck her hair out from behind her ear and run it between my fingers. "Why do I have so much gel in my hair and you don't?"

She laughs, "My hair is more ruly than yours, it doesn't stick up in every way imaginable."

"Yes it does, in the morning."

Scarlet shakes her head smiling, "We don't speak on that."

A knock comes from the door, the babysitter. "I'll get it." I start walking towards the door, Scarlet grabs my arm. 

"You don't even know her....it's my grandmother's friend."

"Or it could be some random person knocking on our door. In which case I do not want you opening the door."

Scarlet frowns, "I'm gonna get my gun, and I am coming with you."

Who else but my Scarlet would say that? I chuckle, "Fine." I walk over to the door and look out the peephole, it's just the old woman. Scarlet comes walking down the hallway casually with her gun cocked. "It's just the babysitter Scarlet, what are you doing?"

She puts the gun down, "That's what I said but then you made me suspicious."

I kiss her, "My bad."

She glares at me, "Open the door." 

I open the door and the woman smiles and pushes past me into the house. I turn around and look at her, "Hello." 

She drops her purse onto the table and starts searching through it. Scarlet grins, walks over to the lady and hugs her from behind. "Good evening, Mrs. Bernad."