Kai POV (My Lies)

I open the door to my office and I see Cinder sleeping on my couch. I shake my head and walk over to her. I bend down and rub her shoulder moving her shirt sleeve.

She stirs not waiting a second to be mad again, "What is wrong with you?"

I look at her, maybe I really should answer that question. Not just for her, but for me.

She looks into my eyes back tracking, "You did it didn't you?"

I want to say no, I need to say no so you wanna know what I say, "No."

She stands up looking at me in surprise. "You didn't do it?"

I swallow hard, "No, you were right it wasn't time." This is great I am just digging a crater for myself. Deep as the ones on Luna. A lie for a far worse lie.

"Well," she sighs resting her head on my chest, "Good to know you're not an idiot."

Yeah it is good to know I'm not an idiot isn't it? 

Oh spades I am even deader than I was before. 

SHe pushes away and looks at me like I am a completely different person, and maybe I am. Never have I lied to her before, well nothing major anyways. "You wanna get dinner at the buffet" 

She loves the buffet, we go almost everyday. Or went almost everyday before I decided to be an idiot. What sucks is everyone is going to know she is pregnant. Like Cinder, the type of close she wears, loose fitting, you can't tell. But now people are going to be all up on her. Oh dear, my lie ends here. But to deny would be even for suspicious, "Sure Cinder."

She looks down at herself assessing her attire and then shrugs deeming it appropriate. Personally I think the shorts are a bit to short but.... 

"Come on," She grabs my hand and pulls me out the door grinning. She's fast walking, huffing and puffing. 

We are almost to the buffet when someone decides to ruin my world. Just as stupid or more then me, "Congratulations Your Majesty." The peep with a toothy grin.

Cinder stops cold.

I think we can consider Kai dead, don't you think? Like between Cinder's metal parts and her lunar gift......

The  genders have been picked for the Kaider and Wolflet babies, I know, someone else knows but the rest of you, you will have to wait.

Comment

Vote

Be Safe

    - I just wanted to thank you all so much for 1K reads, that is a big deal for me!!!