Cinder POV (Crescent advise)

"Cinder you wanna talk about it."

I hear a small voice come from the door, Cress. I shake my head, "I'm fine."

She comes in slowly, "Cinder you didn't call us all for no reason."

I look away, so maybe I did feel lonely and in need of some friends but do they really need to know that. Scarlet once told me that I depend on the crew more than I will ever know, I think I know now. But do I really want to know.

"Come on Cinder, you can talk to me."

I've always been more of the independent-woman type. No hate to the dependents but, it's just not me.

"I know." I squeeze my eyes shut for a second before looking up and seeing Cress still looking at me, nope. Not dreaming.

"Then talk, obviously you didn't ask us to bring you to Reux for no reason."

"I just feel like at this point I mean nothing to Kai. I think he thinks he can do anything and I will forgive him."

"Hmm, sounds like you need to talk to Kai."

I stand up my nostrils flaring, now I'm mad at everyone and everything, "Why does everyone keep saying that 'just go talk to Kai'. Well obviously I have."

"Cinder calm down, stress is not good for the baby."I sit down and let Cress talk, not because I want to hear her talk but because of the baby. "I know Kai cares about you just as much as I know that Thorne cares for me. Nobody is perfect, sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we make them twice. But the definition of a mistake is that is not on purpose, Kai did not try to hurt you. He ended up hurting you when he thought he was helping you. He didn't mean to."

I squint at her, I feel far too calm. I like to maintain a certain level of anger and instability, "The fact that he didn't mean to  doesn't mean he didn't. He still hurt me no matter how much of accident it was."

"Oh come on Cinder you make mistakes all the time. You just might not consider them as such. Kai might consider you being on this trip as a mistake. He is probably hurt by your actions, but was that you main goal?"

I look down, "No."

"Kai's main goal was not to hurt you by telling the public, he thought he was saving you the headache."

I take a breath before I look up at Cress, I smile. "Maybe..........Thank you, Cress."

She smiles back shyly, "I just do what I can."

"And Cress, I will talk to him." I don't know why I feel the need to tell her that. But it just seems wrong not to after she reasoned with me, a task that not even Kai can achieve most of the time. And maybe, just maybe she is right. Maybe he had my best interest in mind. Maybe he wasn't trying to hurt. Maybe I should go talk to him.

Oh yes you most definitely should talk to him 

How are we liking this fight so far? I was trying to make it as different as possible from the engagement fight because if you think about it........

Comment

Vote

Be Safe