Thorne POV (Cress and My Parents II)

"Cinder we are leaving right now." I yell at the front of her door.

"I know Thorne, just give me a chance to get ready." Comes Cinder's muffled answer.

"Get ready, you have known that we were leaving at this time for hours." I yell.

No response. Cinder just thinks that everything revolves around her. Which in some ways she is right especially on this ship but she doesn't have to make that known. I am the captain and while everyone knows that nobody truly acknowledges it. Yes there is a difference between knowing something and acknowledges something.

"Okay," The door opens and Cinder and Kai walk out casually,  not even stopping to acknowledge how simply astounding I look today.

I follow Cinder and Kai to the ramp where I find Cress and a well-dressed Liam. "Alright are you guys ready," Cress nods and I don't look at Kai or Cinder. They better be ready or they will be staying on this ship alone. Iko and Oki come out of the shadows holding hands and holding their own bags in the opposite hand. "Alright we are going to be staying with my parents for tonight before we leave to pick up the Benoit's and Clay's."

There is a wave of murmuring, and nodding and then we set off on our one mile walk. My parents may be rich but they do not have enough room to land the god old Rampion. When we get to the front door I make sure to glare at everyone, except of course my son and Cress, before knocking on the door. A butler opens it and in a second his face is replaced by my parents. They look much frailer in person than they did over the comm link.

"Son," My dad sniffs.

I blink at him rejecting the word 'father' to pass through my lips. All of a sudden I am in his arms and his a squeezing the living stars out of me. I pat his back not knowing what else to do.

He finally lets me go and gestures to the people behind me. "Who are your friends and more importantly who is the bride?"

I slide my around Cress pulling her gently forward, "This is Cress."

My dad smiles warmly sticking a hand out for Cress, "Thornes' father, you can call me dad."

I look back from my dad to Cress, Cress is grinning with acceptance. My mom pushes in front of my father with a loud gasp pointing between Cinder and Kai, "Is that.....Are you?" 

I roll my eyes making a grand gesture to the two biggest pains in the butt I know, "Yes, the Emperor and the Empress of the Eastern Commonwealth."

"Th-They are your friends?" My mother breaths.

"Yes, these are my friends."

"But she was the Queen." My mom says still in awe.

"Yes she was, and we come in now?"

"Of course," my mother says moving back, "Lunch is almost ready."

"Okay," I drag in a breath and take enough steps inside the house so that everyone can fit. I lean back talking to the group, "Please tell me that you are not hungry."

Cinder casted be a side glance, "Well I wasn't hungry but since you asked."

She takes a step forward and I hold my hand out stopping her, Kai flinches. I don't know why because Cinder could just as easily move my hand out of her way, I am of no threat to his precious wife. "Cinder please." I plead, I know the captain has hit his all time low. He has to plead to the crew.

She looks at me again, "Fine." She takes a step back just as my mother comes back into the room.

"The Lunch is ready."

I shake my head politely, "No mother that is okay, we are all a little bit tired. I think we will retire to our rooms for the rest of the day so that we can have a moments to ourselves."

"Oh," My mom says looking around surprised. "Well, I'll get some of the caretakers show you to your rooms."

I hear the shuffling of feet a my friends follow the caretakers. I stay anchored to my place as well as Cress and Liam. 

My dad takes a step towards us. "Now I got your name, Cress but I don't think I got yours." He bends down with a long groan so that he is eye level with Liam. "But I didn't get your name, who are you?"

I look down at him, he straightens his posture. Hand up to his forehead forming a salute, "I, sir, am Sergeant Liam Thorne of the Rampion ship, formally owned by the American Republic."

I grin and my dad looks up to me chuckling, "You did this?"

I open my mouth but Cress answers before I can, "Yes, he is pretty cute isn't."

"Yes, I just have one question before you to can retire to your room. How did you two meet?"

I look at Cress and she looks at me. "Well," I say clearing my throat, "It's a long story that started with us falling out of space and me going blind."

"Really?"

"Really, "I smile. You never realize how interesting your life is until you have to tell someone else about it, I mean how many people fall out of the sky with the love of their life. I mean how cool is that? Pretty cool if you ask me.

"Well then, nice meeting you Liam, and Cress." He takes her hand and kisses it tenderly.

My mom smiles, "Same here."

I nod and turn away from my parents and head up the stairs. "They seem nice." Cress chirps. 

"Yeah," I agree.

Comment 

Vote

Be Safe