Cinder POV (Take Off)

A knock comes from  the door, I walk over to and open it. It's Thorne, of course it's Thorne. "Hey Thorne."

"Hey, so are we leaving today or....."He says trying to look behind me, and see what, I don't know.

I look back at Kai, "Are you almost done back there."

"Um," I hear shuffling, "I think I will be done in about five minutes."

I turn back to Thorne, "Yeah we can leave today."

He lets loose a huge sigh, "I thought Liam was going to torture me forever about this palace." He mutters walking away. 

I smirk, torturing Thorne? Music to my ears, why wasn't I invited?

I pick up my duffel bag and plop it down on the bed, I never really saw the point in suitcases. If you get yourself a nice duffel bag then it can hold just as much as a suitcase and maybe even more. Suitcases are just big, bulky and ugly. Which is why, I have a duffel bag. 

"Alright, ready when you are." Kai says walking out of the bathroom clean shaven in a new dress shirt. I will admit it, he is looking cute. Not that he doesn't normally look cute but just.....See what one person can do to your head? I can't even think straight. And  that is with out bioelectric manipulation.

I smile, when I see him lugging along his suitcase. He doesn't believe in the duffel, and he is paying for it. I told Thorne and I will tell him, I am almost always right. "I am ready."

"Okay so do we go to Thorne's room or what?" Kai sweeps his eyes over me, I don't know what he is looking at, I have changed back into the gray hoodie from earlier and some short black biker shorts. Not an impressive sight to see, this is all I ever wear except my mechanic gear.

"Um, I think we should give the bootlickers our bags and then head over to Thorne's room."

Kai nods, a smile creeping into his features. "That's a good idea."

The guards, bootlickers or whatever you care to call them come into our room and take our bags and we head over to Thorne's.

I knock on the door door and it opens. I look down when I don't see a face at eye level  and see the one and only Sergeant Liam. "Well hello Lady Cinder," he grins.

I squat down to his level, "Why hello Sergeant Liam."

His cheeks redden and his face is replaced by the Captain. I stand up to  Thorne, "So can we leave now?"

Thorne nods, pointing back into the room, "Yeah Cress is just in the bathroom, she'll be out soon."

I nod, biting my lip scanning the area. This hallway is one that I have been down many times, whenever someone is visiting they are in this hall and it's near my room. But I have never really taken a second to look around, never had the time or the drive. There are a few door marked with the last names with our friends, they get their own rooms. 

Cress appears in the threshold of the door smiling, "Sorry about that, just had to make a quick stop. We can leave now."

Thorne looks back at Cress and then Liam and then steps out in front of us, "Allow me."

Thorne takes a step to the left and Kai steps in front of him shaking his head, "This way Captain." Kai points to the left.

Thorne glares at him and scoffs, "That's what I said."

Kai smirks back at me, and we start to move as a group. Cress walks up front with Thorne and I drop back with Liam. I don't know why, but I really like the kid. The way he goes after Thorne....

We march out to the roof top and I see the most appalling site the executive adviser himself, in flesh and bone, Konn Torin I nudge Kai with my arm and he looks over. "You want to go talk to him?" I whisper.

Kai looks at me, "You?"

I shrug, "Not really but if you go I'll be there."

Kai stares at Torin for a few second before looking back at me, "Yeah I think I should say maybe a few words to him."

I smile, because I am supposed to be supportive. I really don't wan to be anywhere near Torin, but Kai said.

We walk over to Torin. "Torin.....I just wanted to say sorry for my previous actions."

Torin's despair filled eyes move over Kai, he stares at Kai just blinking. And then he utters a small, "It's okay, have a good trip."

Kai nods a small smile appear, we walk away.

Thorne lowers the ramp and I see, of all people. Iko. I guess I had never asked her if she was coming on account of Oki getting mad at her the last time. But if she is here it means one of two things, they broke up or Oki is on that ship with Iko.

I hug Iko when I reach her and she beams, "You didn't think you were going to leave me did you?"

I shake my head grinning, "Never."

The speaker bell ring indicating an intercom message, it's Thorne. "All aboard, Rampion to Reux, France."

That was a weird chapter, I think it was...It was like a bunch of focus points. It was  more of a moving chapter with more than one focus point but I need to get them out of New Beijing so that is that Cinder, Kai, Cress, Thorne, Liam, Oki, Iko are out.

Oh and Kaider baby coming soon!!!!

Comment

Vote

Be Safe