Cinder POV (Peony)

I turn the knob to the engine room and push it open letting the cent of dust and grease hit me fully. I don't shrink back, I inhale. It is like music to my ears for my nose. This is the only thing out there that could even come close to meeting the amount of pleasure Kai and I just shared. I sigh as I begin my walk down the stairs coming closer and closer to the dirt the grime that I have been missing for so long. I know I'll be down her for a while, Thorne doesn't know the first thing about mechanics so nothing has been done to the ship for about three years. 

I settle my eyes on the far side of the room and decide to start working in the back and work my way up. I let my hand run over all the tools in my tool belt. I reach the other side of the room and smile, because that spinning thing I didn't know about before, I know what it is now. Climate control. Or A/C for all you basic people out there. 

I take out my wrench and start to knock it in different place checking the contents. It sounds to be world class material but it might have just been a world class robbery. Who knows with Thorne. Than I knock it right in the middle, it's hollow, enough room for me to get into. I reach my hand under checking that there is enough room before I duck my head under. For a second I can't see but then I come up in a small cramped place, surrounded by wires, tubes and the like. I hum to the rhythm of the fan making up a melody to go along with it. I feel like Cress, humming as I work. Tightening everything like I will never be down here again, because I probably won't. I run my fingers along the walls of this small space, taking in the wonderful craftsmanship. It's beautiful in it's own way. Dirty but still clean in it's own way, and it is here that I decide to place Peony's ID chip. In a place that cannot be classified, excluded or dulled by anyone or anything. In a place that is considered dirty and off limits to most people. In a place unique, remarkable and beautiful just like my little sister. Just like Peony.

Comment down below if you miss Peony even if she did die in the first book.

Vote

Be Safe