Chapter 27- Back to Square One

BRITTANY'S POV

"Brittany?" I hear someone say and a poke on my shoulder.

I open my eyes and am blinded by sun light. A huge gust of wind hits my bare skin making my teeth chatter. I look up and see Aubrey looking at me strangely.

"What's are you doing out here?"

"I guess I just fell asleep when I was trying to talk to my friend."

"Well, my mom is waiting for us in the den. Come on. By the way... She's not too happy with you." She smirks at me and I follow her, still only in a strapless bra and pajama shorts.

"I need a shirt."

She looks at me and leads us into our room and tosses me a shirt she grabs off my bed. I slip it on quickly and follow her back out to the den. We walk in and Aubrey and I sit on the empty couch across from Mr. and Mrs. Jenson, sitting in separate lounge chairs.

"So we checked the wifi usage of last night and seen someone was using FaceTime at 11 at night?!" Mrs. Jenson raises her voice very high but maintaining her angry qualities.

"You can do that?" I dare to ask.

"Obviously! Now who was using it?!"

Aubrey and I are silent. I look at her, expecting her to return the look but she keeps her eyes on her dad staring him down with her arms crossed, leaned back into the couch.

"It-"

"It was me!" Aubrey snaps before I could finish my confession.

I almost give her a look of shock but I keep up the act. Why was she covering for me? We just met yesterday and she's already ready to get grounded for me?

"You are not leaving the house the rest of the weekened. You also have chores now. We'll give you the list during lunch." Mr. Jenson says and walks out of the room with Mrs. Jenson leaving me and Aubrey in awkward silence.

"Well..." she begins to say as she stands up off the couch, "...I'm going to go start this punishment by indulging in my lap top like I do everyday anyway." She tries to laugh and walk off but I knew she couldn't be okay with this.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Cover for you?"

I nod in response.

"Because you don't deserve their punishments the first day you get here. Plus, I love to piss them off." She grins and continues walking to the room, I soon follow.

As I meet her in the room, she's where she said she'd be, on her lap top at her messy desk. I feel a vibration in my back pocket that makes me jump. I take out the cause of it, my phone, and look at the notification. A text from Cameron. Still nothing from Jack and I don't understand it at all. How could he just stop talking to me for this long? I mean, he just took my fucking virginity for gods sake! He better not be one of those players I heard about. I didn't take him for one of them and I don't ever want to.

From: Cameron

Hey, I'm really sorry. Want to hang out today?

To: Cameron

We'll talk about it later. Where should I meet you?

From: Cameron

How about I pick you up? What's your address?

To: Cameron

You know I can't do that...

From: Cameron