Chapter 12- A Wall of Secrets

BRITTANY'S POV

I'm all dressed and ready to sneak out. I had on the best outfit I could find. A purple crop top with black short-shorts and my new black sandals I got at the mall. I put on my make up and made sure to take my time on it so it turned out pretty damn well if I don't say so myself! And lastly for my hair, I left it down and straight. I was so nervous for basically everything. To sneak out and to see Cameron again. I mean, what is he going to talk about? Does he like me? Or does he really just want to be just friends? No matter what it is, I need to realize I'll be happy with whatever he chooses. I was just beyond ecstatic to have this opportunity.

I picked up my wristlet and phone and put the fake note on my bed.

I wrote,

Natalie, I'll be around the hospital walking around. I'll be back in time for my curfew and I decided not to go out today so cancel the driver.

I made my way to the door and snook across the hall to the stairwell I always use but instead of going up, I went down this time. After climbing down 12 painful and breathless levels later, I finally reached the lobby and successfully snook out without a question from the bitchy lady at the front desk due to a huge line in the emergency room.

I successfully made it outside and continued rushing across the parking lot just in case. It was very nice outside today. The sky was clear and sunny, except for the occasional cloud, and the air was just the perfect kind of warm with the slow breeze that came in occasionally.

I made it about a block away from the hospital and started to become out of breath and dizzy like when I passed out before. I needed to calm down and slow down. I can't have Natalie find out I've been missing by finding me passed out on a random street. That will ruin my chances of leaving next week for sure.

I decided to call Cameron for a possible ride or suggestion on how to get there from where I was because I honestly, didn't even know where I was at this point. Let alone, how to get to the beach and boardwalk. Plus, I just really wanted to talk to him. 😋

•••on the phone•••

"Hey Cam!"

"Hey? What's up? I'm at the boardwalk waiting for you."

"Oh. Sorry. I was on my way but I apparently seem to be lost and I don't know how to get to the beach from here." My voice gets lower as I continue talking out of embarrassment.

"Oh, how about I have someone come pick you up? Where are you?"

I look up at the street sign I was standing under and read out loud into the phone. "Cedar drive"

"Oh, so near the hospital?"

For a second it dawned to me, the last thing I want is for Cameron to know I live in the hospital, let alone what I'm there for. But right now I don't really have the option to lie. "Yeah...?"

"Okay, Jack will be there in around 5 minutes! See ya when you get here!"

•••Cameron hangs up•••

JACK????!!!! WHICH ONE AND HOLY SHIT I'M ABOUT TO MEET A JACK!!!!! I'm not ready for something like this!! I mean, look at them! If it's Johnson, I won't be able to stop blushing at his cuteness and if it's Gilinsky, I might show up to the beach already wet...😏

As I continue to day dream about Gilinsky, I take the little time I have left, to make sure I was fully prepared. I was about to meet magcon boy number 2 and I was already shaking thinking about it. I need to calm down before I come off as a fangirl that has no chill.