Chapter 32- Forever & Always

CAMERON'S POV

I wake up to the sound of a loud pounding on my front door. I struggle to get out of the warm covers. I rub my eyes and everything was blurry since I didn't have contacts or glasses on. I reach, blindly for my black rimmed glasses and put them on and head down the stairs. The knocks and pounds continued all the way up until I reach my door. I open it and lean against the door frame extremely tired, when Jack Gilinsky invites himself in.

"Um, hey?" I say and shut the door carelessly.

"I fricken screwed up man! I messed up!" He sits on the edge of my couch and holds his head in his hands.

I begin to wake up as I walk over to the couch and sit next to him. "Is this about Brittany?"

"Yeah..." He wasn't necessarily crying, he was just acting very upset.

"Well it's too late man. She's my girl now. You had your chance." I was getting pissed now.

"And you had yours too man before me! Question is... Why the hell didn't you take it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Brittany loved you before any of us. I found her crying one day just because you friend zoned her!"

My heart felt like it just broke. I never knew I hurt her like that. Hurt her at all really.

"Are you serious?" I didn't want to believe it even though I don't see why he'd lie.

"Well no shit. Even when we were together, I still sensed she didn't fully love me. My guess is that her eyes were always set on you and didn't even consider my feelings for her."

"Then why'd you cheat on her?!!!" I quickly snap back.

I watch him being shut down with sorrow and regret, returning to his eyes.

"Why'd you even come here?" I ask.

"I don't know." He sighs as he sits back down.

"To yell at me? To beat me up?" I suggest hoping it wasn't the second thing. "I don't want to fight man. Especially over a girl! Not saying she's not worth it, but you know what I mean..."

"I understand. I guess I just came here so you know what you've got here. This girl is damn special. She's beautiful, funny, smart, and just an amazing person."

"There's no words to describe her." I add.

"Exactly."

"But dude... why'd you have to cheat on her?"

"I don't know. I was just really upset that she wasn't telling me all the truth. It made me think that she was hiding something from me by the way she acted."

"You mean, not letting you see her parents, where she lives, and the fact that she's 16 not 18?"

"Yeah. I take it you noticed too?" He takes a deep breath and continues looking down into his lap nervously.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like I don't wonder about all that stuff but when she's ready, she'll tell us. I'm pretty sure."

I watch as Jack gives one more silent nod and sighs as he stands up. I stand up with him and we hug it out.

"Sorry about that man."

"No problem. Just make sure you talk to Brittany about it because I'm pretty sure she thinks you don't care about what you've done."

"Sure thing." He starts heading back to my door and opens it, but pauses suddenly to turn back to me. "Oh, and I don't know if you know, but be careful with her. Check her wrists."