Chapter 6- It's Just The Cat

Cameron will pop up in the story soon enough if you were wondering 😋 thank you all for reading and don't forget to comment!
----------------------------------------------

BRITTANY'S POV

"BUT WHY NOT?!!"

"Because you are not ready to go home yet. I've seen how you act everyday.... It hasn't changed much at all and it scares me." Natalie fires back at me.

I was getting sick in tired of people telling ME how I feel. Telling me how I should live MY life. Telling me what they think is best for MY life when I'm the fucking one living it!

I was now in tears shaking at the thought of still not leaving. I was full of emotion but mostly just pissed.

"WELL HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT I'M SCARED TOO??!!!" I scream as I storm off into my bathroom and lock myself in. I slide my back down the wall, crying all the way down into a fetal position on the damp, white, tiled floor.

"I knew it was too good to be true." I mumble to myself under my breath.

After 15 minutes of sitting on the floor, staring at the ceiling, the walls, and at my ugly reflection, I still couldn't calm down. I needed to be relieved of my pain. And there's only one way I know of on how to do that...

I slowly open the door a crack, once unlocking it, peeking through to find my room human-less and still. I take the first step out, taking deep breaths, feeling another episode of tears ready to flow. This just wasn't fair.

I look up at the clock that is outside in the hallway, through the glass window of my room. It was now a couple minutes past midnight. Perfect.

I sneak to my door, opening it slowly but swiftly. Emma trying to escape through my legs, I shove her back behind me and make my own escape, shutting the door quickly so she wouldn't attempt her jail break again.

The walk felt like it took eternity but I was finally at my destination. The nurses lounge again. I grab the key that I stole from the last time, out of my back pocket and unlocked the door and shut it behind me promptly. As I take a quick breath, I begin making my way over to the old cabinets. I find the culprit to my last cut on my stomach last time I was in here. An old, loose, staple and pluck it from its wood. I pluck the other 3 that were loose and my tears begin flowing again as the emotions come back as if they were invited.

I know this was never the answer to other people, but to me, it seems to be the only answer. Nothing else makes me feel relieved no matter what anyone says or recommends. Nothing ever works but this.

I collapse to my knees and grab one staple out of my right hand and take it in between my fingers. Shaking, I start doing something I end up regretting.

"It's just.... never.... fair." I say to myself now crying and dig the metal into my skin, deeper as it travels, to cause the mark.

I throw my head back in the recognizable, calming pain as I figure out, I've once again, went too deep. It gives me a rush of stress relief. I continue as blood begins to surface on the first mark.

"One for being hopeless. A second for being an ugly, fat, unloved loser. And one for being a completely pathetic waste of space."

I drop the staple back into my pocket to take back to my room for future use, because by the looks of things... I'm gonna need it.

~ ~ ~

It was now morning again. Last night, when I came back to my room, I ended up getting a shower, blending the left over tear drops, with the water drops to wash them away. It felt as if it was the final step of my whole episode last night, to finally let the stress completely go free. I then, went to bed in black sport shorts and a turquoise sports bra. Emma licked my scars while I was laying down, waiting for sleep to come over me. It made me smile. And once again, the only one that I felt truly cared about me, was a cat.

"Hey" I hear a mellow voice coming from the door way.

I turn my attention to it, to find Natalie standing there with her one hand on her hip, while the other rests against the door frame, in between her leaning body.

"Hi..." I say softly still angry at her. She's the only reason why I have to stay.

She didn't think of mentioning her doubts of me going home yesterday. Why was today so different and made her change her mind so quickly?!

She begins to walk over to my bed and invites herself to sit down on the edge of it. I quickly remember my scars and cover it with my blanket casually. She rests her hand on top of my other hand and finally opens her mouth.

"Here's the deal..." She takes a big sigh, preparing me with a proposal, but I wasn't sure if it'd be good or bad. "...I will not say anything to the hospital about me having doubt, if you promise me that you can stay 2 more weeks and show me you can at least eat one meal a day."

I was all for the idea till her very last words.

"What?" I stare at her blankly.

"You heard me..." She pauses looking at me blankly. "Deal or no?"

"Fine. But only on one condition..." Now was my time to get what I wanted!

"and what is that?"

"...you have to let me go out of the hospital at least for 4 hours each day during that time span of the 2 weeks."

"3 hours." She tries to chew me down but I won't budge that much.

"Three and a half and you got a deal." I giggle a little.

"Deal." She shakes my hand and we both laugh lightly at each other as I sit criss-cross on my bed, throwing my hair back over my shoulder.

"So, when am I supposed to start?"

"Today." She says getting up from my bed and fixes her scrub. "I'll be right back with your first meal." She says as she pats my blanket which happened to be where my scarred wrist was hiding, and I winced at the pain but quickly tried to recover casually.

She looks at me strange and comes back towards me. I couldn't do anything about it now... She was already lifting up the sheet. When her eyes met my wrist, she looked up at me with sternness in her eyes as her jaw clenched and she huffed once, shaking her head.

"It was just the cat... I swear." I try to cover for myself but I knew I wasn't getting away with this one.

------------------------------------------
Please comment what you think so far! I'm having so much fun writing this story. Spread the word about it! PWETTY PWEASE! Lol

And if anyone ever needs someone to talk to, I'm always here to talk. I went through depression too, and am a little now so I hope I can relate to you and help you.