Chapter 47- Never Letting Go Again

BRITTANY'S POV

I forgot how perfect Cameron was. His looks just make my heart race alone. I don't know how I could forget, but I did.

I walk cautiously over to him as a tear falls down his cheek quietly.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I don't know."

"Brittany, you're on in 2 minutes." A person from the stage crew calls from the corner of the stage.

I nod and return my attention to Cam by crossing my arms and showing him I can't be tempted by him.

"So you've come to what Cameron? Ruin my first performance? Try and win me back when all you're gonna do is make me have another nervous break down?"

"No, I just want to see you. Hug you. And remind you of what I said before I left that day in the hospital." He says with sadness his eyes and I knew he was serious.

"Britt, you need to get on stage babe." Jack G awkwardly clears his throat and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay." I nod and kiss his cheek the grab his hand to bring him to side of the stage with me.

I feel Cam's eyes follow me and Jack and it made me feel awful to have to sing what I was about to sing because it was all about Cameron.

I get onto the stage as the lights are dark and can hear people chanting my name giving me butterflies in my stomach. I was so nervous but I needed to take a deep breath and calm down. This was the moment I've been waiting for ever since I was little.

I begin to sing and the lights come on making it so it's just me in the spotlight and the band playing my music behind me.

(A.N: listen to Breathe by Taylor Swift)

"I see your face in my mind as I drive away,
Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.
People are people, and sometimes we change our minds.
But it's killing me to see you go after all this time.

Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm

Music starts playin' like the end of a sad movie,
It's the kinda ending you don't really wanna see.
Cause it's tragedy and it'll only bring you down,
Now I don't know what to be without you around.

And we know it's never simple, never easy.
Never a clean break, no one here to save me.
You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand,

And I can't breathe without you
But I have to.
Breathe without you
But I have to.

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
People are people, and sometimes it doesn't work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out.

It's two A.M.
Feelin' like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know it's not easy, easy for me.
It's two A.M.
Feelin' like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know this ain't easy, easy for me."

•••

It was after the concert and Jack and I were relaxing in my hotel room, cuddling and watching a movie. Johnson, Jacob, Shawn, Sammy, and Cameron were talking in the Jack's room about who knows what.

"Do you think Cam still needs to talk to me?"

"Knowing Cameron, probably." I feel his deep voice vibrate through my cheek that's resting on his chest and it reminds me of how comforting this was.

I push myself up, off the bed and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Going to get it over with."