Chapter 41- Scared to Sleep

CAMERON'S POV

After only a 2 hour flight, I was back in LA... again. Matt, Carter, and Gilinsky came with me. The rest will attend Magcon. We were all at the hospital and I was a nervous wreck. I cried almost the whole plane ride because I can't find myself doing anything else but blaming myself for this. If I wasn't so hard on her, none of this wouldn't have happened. Hell, I don't even know what happened, but whatever it is, I can guarantee its my fault.

"I need to see a patient that was recently checked in, Brittany Diamond!" I pressure the woman at the emergency room desk, out of breath from all the running I've been doing.

"Are you family?"

"I'm her brother" I answer in the most convincingly manner.

"Room 277, 3rd floor." She gives me an annoyed tone of voice and gestures me to sign in on the book of visitors she slides to in front of me.

I quickly sign my name and rush down the hallway, Matt, Carter, and Gilinsky going the same pace as me, following me behind until we hear the lady shout.

"Family only!" She shouts sternly and the guys give me an anxious look.

"I'll try and get you guys up there as soon as I can." I sigh and they all not and go to sit in the waiting room and I continue my fast pace to the elevator.

After what seemed like forever, I arrive in the hallway Brittany's room is supposed to be in. I turn the corner and come to see Aubrey siting on the floor, her legs curled into her chest, head down, crying. I rush over to her in a panic and rest my hand on her back.

"Aubrey, what's wrong?!" I couldn't help but think of the worst.

"This is all my fault." She continues to cry as she picks up her head slightly to look at me. "I should've told you." She whispers in the cry.

"Told me what?"

She shakes her head and sniffs with tears running down her cheeks like a water fall. "I can't tell you. She'll have to."

"can I see her? Is she all right?" I stand up and try to go inside but it was immediately re-shut before I could take a step in.

"That won't be happening anytime soon. They aren't even letting me in. They only could tell me what was wrong with her."

I begin to feel emotional "all I want to do is see her." I slam my fist on the wall, indenting it a little.

After that meltdown of mine, a nurse peeks her head out the door and stares at me. I glance at her name tag for some reason. Natalie Karper, Nurse.

"Wow, you are better looking in person." She inappropriately laughs to herself and comes out in the hallway with us leaving me more confused than ever.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Just you're what Brittany has ever talked about! I'm happy that she finally got what she wanted, you." She smiles at me and I was still left in confusion.

I look at Aubrey and it seemed like she wasn't lost. She apparently knew what this crazy nurse was talking about too.

"Cameron, this is Brittany's nurse who has been taking care of her since she was 13." Aubrey speaks up and I feel like the more words that comes out of everyone's mouth, I just become more confused. "Just like I said before, you'll need to talk to Brittany about this."

"Can I see her please?" I ask no more questions about the subject and turn to the apparent Nurse Karper, Nurse Natalie? I don't know what to call her.

"Sure but she's sadly still unconscious so be delicate with her. If anything changes, let me know."

I nod and go inside the dark room. It was 2 am now and I didn't seem to be tired at all. Too much on my mind to sleep.