Chapter 20- Friend Zoned

BRITTANY'S POV

It's been 2 hours since this whole morning's dilemma and throughout the morning, I eventually found myself cutting my wrists with the staple I saved again, due to some nasty comments left on my twitter this morning just because Jack posted a picture of us on his twitter from last night. I gained followers, also gained hate. Mostly hate.

"@camdallas1703 WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL YOURSELF SO YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY MAN?!!!!"

That one was my favorite, because I got to reply with a honest response.

"@gilinskyland I'll take that under consideration."

But other than that and a quick thought of ending it, I resorted to the usual answer to my problems, and I've already said what that was, so I did it.

I'm now in Jack's car, wearing a navy blue sweatshirt that said "LA" on it in white letters, a pink tank top under but I needed to keep the sweatshirt on to hide my arms... even in this 90 degree weather. As long as I keep hydrated, I'll be fine. I hope. Passing out is not an option especially today in front of all 9 guys.

I was silent the whole car ride besides when Jack asked me questions. I answer with a simple 'yes' or 'no' then continue looking out the car window in deep thought. I really didn't want to be alone today, but I didn't want to be around Cameron. The only person I want to be with today was Jack.

"Jack?" I finally break the silence and my voice cracks.

"What beautiful?"

I blush for a quick second at how he always calls me that, even when it wasn't true.

"Please don't leave me today. I just want to be with you... only you." I confess shyly into my lap, watching my thumbs dance together nervously.

I watch as his rough hand creeps into my view, onto my thigh. I look up at him startled by how close he was getting to my lady parts.

"Fine by me." He smiles at me and gives me the opportunity to move his hand off my thigh.

I prop my feet onto the side of me, closest to the door, and lean my body onto Jack's arm while the other one controls the wheel. I hug his free arm tightly, bringing my face closer into the side of his body making me feel comforted.

"Okay?" He chuckles confused but keeps his eyes on the road.

I look up at him and take his hand laying freely on the seat that originally wanted to rest on my thigh and replace it on my leg that's curled into my stomach. I could fall asleep right here but I knew we'd be there shortly.

JACK G'S POV

All I can do right now is stare at the road ahead but all I want to do is hold her, kiss her, and cuddle her. I'm falling for her, pretty hard too.

BRITTANY'S POV

I feel the car stop, so I lift up off of Jack's arm, smiling at him as I sit up.

"My arm fell asleep..." He laughs randomly making me roll my eyes and exit the car.

As I wait for him to get out of the car and lock it, I get a text message from Natalie.

From: Natalie 🏥

Since today is your last day until you leave the hospital you can stay out until tomorrow morning if you want. Enjoy your freedom.... I heard your foster parents are gonna be real strict. ;) lol

To: Natalie 🏥

OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! And ikr? Anyway, what time should I be back tomorrow morning if I do take up that offer? 😏