𝓉 𝒽 𝓇 𝑒 𝑒

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺, 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵

Anastasia's POV:

As I enter Kingsbury corp. my heart starts racing and I get nervous because of all the stares I get. Some people politely smiling, some glaring at me I don't even want to know why. I approach the desk and see Hannah, the receptionist sitting there and checking her nails. She does have pretty nails, I'll agree on that.

"Hey Hannah." I greet her with an excited smile which curls up my lips. She finally looks up and gives me a light smile but her mouth twitches making me think that I disturbed her day.

Okay, did I do something to her?

"Hey Anastasia. First day, right? Come on, I will show you your office." she says and gets up, walking towards the elevators. I start following her into the elevator and she presses the button to my boss's floor. I slightly stop breathing when I get a whiff of her perfume, why the hell is it so strong?

Citrus is just not my cup of tea. It gives me headaches.

 "Your office will be near Mr. Kingsbury as he may need you any time. Your lunch break will be at 1pm and your tasks have already been emailed to you." Hannah instructs. I step inside my office and greedily breathe the fresh air in.

 "Thank you, Hannah." I say and she leaves with a rude smile, again. I think she is bipolar or something.

Why is she so rude to me dude?

That rhymed

I keep my stuff on the desk and start walking to my new boss's office. I knock and open the heavy wooden door, slightly poking my head in. My new, handsome as ever boss gestures at me to come in and I politely smile. Opening the door, I step in with nervousness swarming my head.

"Good morning, Mr. Kingsbury." I greet and walk closer in front of his desk. He finally looks up, his eyes almost scanning me whole or is it just me? And I can almost see a smile on his face but no, he doesn't smile.

"Good morning, Anastasia. I was expecting for you to arrive. You just need to arrange the files on your desk and read the reports of this year to catch up. The other tasks have already been assigned, I hope you've been informed. You can make notes if you want and get me my coffee." He says in his deep bossy tone and I nod.

Does it hurt for him to say 'please'?

"Okay. Anything else?" I ask sweetly as he continues looking into his computer screen.

"No, you may leave." With one more short nod, I walk out of the office in search for the pantry. 

After 5 minutes I don't know where I am going. I think I should have asked him for the directions to the pantry. But I usually don't like asking people because I think I am annoying them and my slightly poor communication skills don't help at all.

 As I am walking, I bump into a hard chest. I can be clumsy sometimes whenever I am not paying attention to anything.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you." I apologize with a nervous chuckle and fix my sweater. Just as I look up I see a man looking similar to Elijah grinning at me.

"It's okay. I think you are lost, let me help you?" The stranger suggests and I nod gratefully making him grin as well.

"Of course, come with me." He chirps out and I start following him, slightly confused due to his sudden enthusiasm. We finally reach the spacious pantry which apparently has a minimalist but cozy theme going on and I start preparing Elijah's coffee.