Chapter 5

The next day I was sitting on the couch reading I heard someone knocking at the door I rose to my feet and answered the door. I was shocked to see Chad's younger sister Naomi standing on the door step. 

"Hi Liv mind if I come in?" 

I stepped to the side and let Naomi inside the house I closed the door behind her and locked it. 

"I know your surprised to see me." Naomi said. 

"A little," I admitted. 

"Chad told our parents that you broke up with him for no reason I'm not buying his story." 

"I broke up with Chad because I caught him making out with Taylor at her party, he claimed that she came onto him. I wasn't buying that because he wasn't trying to fight her off."

Naomi shook her head and sighed. 

"I don't like the way my brother treats you because he's a jerk even towards me and my parents think it's okay. Chad has been lying to you he doesn't love you I caught him cheating on you with Taylor. I wanted to tell you because you deserve better than that but I was afraid to tell you." Naomi explained. 

"It's okay I'm not angry at you I believe the reason that Chad cheated on me is because I wouldn't take our relationship to the next level. I told Chad that I wasn't ready to have sex yet." I said. 

"I'll be glad when he leaves for college in a few more days along with his asshole friends." 

"You're more than welcome to hang out here with me." 

"Thanks, but I better get going." She replied. 

Naomi hugged me and left the house I locked the door and sat back down on the couch I turned on the radio stations on DirecTV and listened to rock music I returned to my book. A few minutes later I heard my parents come into the house I put my book down and helped my parents bring the groceries into the house I sat the bags on the table. 

"Your mother and I saw Chad's sister when we were driving home from the grocery store." 

"Naomi stopped by to talk to me." 

"Does that mean you are giving Chad another chance?" my father asked hopeful. 

"Nope Naomi stopped by and told me that Chad was unfaithful to me that she caught him cheating on me with Taylor. He only cheated on me because I wasn't ready to take our relationship to the next level and I told Chad that I wasn't ready to have sex. Naomi also told me that he doesn't love me." I said.

My father left the kitchen I helped my mother put the groceries away he returned with the last of the grocery bags. 

"Olivia please give him another chance I'm sure deep down inside he loves you." 

"Dad give it a rest will you I am not taking him back and stop saying think of your future no one gives a shit if I marry my high school sweetheart who happened to be the captain of the basketball team in high school. It means nothing you and mom want me to be like you tow because you were the captain of your high school's football team mom was a cheerleader in high school, I wasn't a cheerleader in high school because that's not my thing. In high school my friends and I were in book club because I'm a book nerd and proud of it you and mom always hoped I would be a part of the in crowd which never happened because I'm an outcast like my friends and I'm okay with that." 

I left the kitchen and walked back to the living room I grabbed my book and walked upstairs I entered my room and slammed the door. I sat down in my moon chair I grabbed the remote to my stereo and turned it on I was listening to Marilyn Manson and finished reading my book. I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door.