Chapter 23

The next morning after I ate breakfast and got dressed, I emptied the hamper I put the clothes into the laundry basket. I picked up the laundry basket and made my way to the basement I sat the basket on the floor and sorted clothes. I fixed up the washing machine I put the first load of clothes into the washing machine and started it I heard Brandon walking down the basement stairs he looked like he just woke up. His hair was mused from sleep he walked over to me and snaked his arms around my waist I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Brandon. 

"Morning babe." 

"Morning baby." 

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"My grandparents invited us over for a bonfire tonight." Brandon said, scooping me up in his arms and sitting me on the washing machine. 

"Sounds like fun and I think you should go back to bed because you don't look fully awake." 

He gazed at me and smirked I felt my cheeks grow warm. 

"Come back to bed with me." Brandon smiled. 

"As tempting as that sounds I'm doing laundry tell you what I'll snuggle on the couch with you instead." I replied. 

Brandon helped me down from the washing machine we walked up the basement steps I closed the basement door behind us. Brandon and I entered the living room we walked over to the couch and sat down he snuggled beside me. I wrapped my arm around him he laid his head on my chest I kissed Brandon's forehead and lightly stroked his raven black hair. 

"I'm nervous about introducing you to the pack." 

"I'm nervous as well because I'm an outsider that knows about werewolves." 

"I will protect you no matter what and stay by my side during the bond fire." He stated. 

"I'll stay by your side tonight no matter what." I vowed. 

Brandon and I snuggled on the couch in a comfortable silence I never had someone other than William, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends be protective of me before it feels nice. He lifted his head from my chest I got up off the couch and left the living room I made my way down into the basement. I took the first load of laundry out of the washing machine and put it into the dryer I turned on the dryer. I put the next load of clothes into the washing machine and started it. Later on, that morning when laundry was finished Brandon and I put our clothes away. 

"Baby, I'll take the basket back to the basement." 

"Thank you." 

He left the room with the basket when I was finished putting my laundry away, I left the bedroom and walked downstairs. I entered the living room and saw Brandon standing by the front door. 

"I'll be back I'm taking a walk to Rite Aid." Brandon said. 

"I'll see you when you come home." I replied. 

I walked towards Brandon and stood on my tippy toes and kissed him he kissed me once more and left the house. I sat down on the couch and grabbed my book off the coffee table and started reading. A few hours later I heard the front door open I glanced up from my book and saw Brandon enter the house he kissed my cheek and left the living room I returned to reading my book. I heard him walk up the stairs a few seconds later he returned to the living room and joined me on the couch.

"I love you," 

"I love you, too." 

Later on, that evening Brandon and I left the house we walked down the front steps and walked towards his car. Brandon unlocked the doors we climbed inside the car and put on our seat belts he started the engine and drove away I reached over and turned on the A/C.