Chapter 8

The following morning my mother greeted William and I in the kitchen with a nice breakfast. 

"Who died?" 

"No one died I am going to cheer leading tryouts for the Baltimore Ravens." 

"Mom no offense but you're not going to make the cut because the cheer leaders are in their twenties or early thirties your forty and had two kids." William pointed out. 

"Mom before you blow your top, he has a point they want young cheerleaders we don't want to see you make a fool of yourself." I said. 

My mother stormed out of the kitchen and left the house. 

"Mom made french toast." 

"We don't even like french toast." 

"Kids where's your mother?" my father asked, entering the kitchen. 

"Mom just left to go to cheer leading tryouts for the Ravens." I said. 

"No seriously," 

"Dad, I'm telling you the truth mom went to cheer leading tryouts." 

William and I made ourselves a bowl of cereal we sat down at the table. 

"Mom didn't believe me when i told her that the Ravens cheerleaders are looking for cheer leaders that are in their twenties or thirties no someone in their forties." William explained. 

"Will, I think you hurt mom's feeling when you told her that plus you had two kids." I pointed out, taking a bite of my cereal. 

My father joined us at the table with his plate of french toast. 

"Your mother thinks if she joins the Ravens cheerleaders, you'll want to be a cheerleader." my father said, cutting his french toast. 

"Is this like the time when I was nine and she wanted to send me to cheer leading camp for the summer?" I asked. 

"Afraid so," 

When I was finished eating, I took my bowl to the sink and washed up the bowl and spoon. I was about to leave the kitchen my father gently grabbed me by the hand. 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked. 

"Sure," I replied confused, sitting back down at the table. 

William left the kitchen. 

"I overheard your conversation with Will last night when he ran into Chad walking home from Nate's house. Is it true that Chad pressured you into sleeping with him and to take your relationship to the next step when you two were dating?" 

I looked my father in the eyes and nodded. 

"I was afraid to tell you because I was afraid that you wouldn't believe me." I explained. 

"I would have believed you because you have never lied to me or your mother you never gave us a reason not to believe you. I better get going or I'll be late for the office." my father said. 

We rose from the table I hugged my father he returned the hug I took his plate to the sink and washed it up. I got rid of the left over french toast and washed up the plate I heard my father leave the house I dried the plates, fork, and butter knife I put them away and exited the kitchen. i heard someone knocking at the door I answered the door Lexi was standing on the door step and greeted me warmly. 

"Hi Lexi please come in." 

"I'm afraid I can't stop I came to ask you a favor." 

"Okay," I said.