Chapter 6

The next afternoon I walked next door I walked up the front steps and knocked on the storm door. Brandon opened the door and greeted me with a smile I smiled and walked inside the house. 

"You look beautiful." Brandon said. 

"Thank you." I blushed. 

He led me into the kitchen. 

"Mom, dad this is Olivia she lives next door." 

"Is this the young lady that brought over the apple crumble?" 

"Yes mom." He replied. 

"Hello Olivia, I'm Brandon's mom Lexi and this is my husband, Justin." Brandon's mother said. 

I shook hands with his parents Brandon's parents seem a lot more down to earth than my own parents. 

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton and welcome to the neighborhood." 

"Please call us Lexi and Justin." 

Brandon and I left the kitchen. 

"Would you like a tour?" Brandon asked. 

"Yes please," I smiled politely.  

Brandon gave me a tour of the house there were pictures hanging on the wall and a few knickknacks spread out in the living room he led me upstairs and gave me a tour. 

"Olivia, would you like to see my room?" 

"Yes,"

I followed him down the hall and stopped outside a closed-door Brandon opened the door and stepped into the room I followed him into the room. His room is a typical teenager's bedroom there's a few posters hanging on the wall there's a stereo sitting on his dresser I noticed a book case sitting in the corner. 

"I have those same posters hanging on my bedroom wall." I smiled. 

"It looks like we have the same taste in music. If you don't mind me asking who's orange Volkswagen bus is parked behind your house?" Brandon asked curiously. 

"It's mine my grandparents left me their bus when they passed away." 

"Kids dinner." 

Brandon and I left his room and walked downstairs we joined his parents in the kitchen Brandon pulled out my chair. I sat down at the table he sat beside me we ate dinner. Justin and Lexi made meatloaf, yellow corn, mashed potatoes, and gravy. 

"Olivia please tell us about yourself?" Lexi asked. 

"My brother Will and I just graduated high school in May we're stair steps my best friends are Breanna and Skylar. We are also babysitters for people in the area. I love to read, bake, cook, and listen to music." 

"You and Brandon will get along very well." 

After dinner Brandon and I were hanging out in the living room. 

"Would you like to meet my friends?" I asked curiously. 

"I would love to meet your friends and I would like to apologize for staring at your tattoo sleeves." He said. 

"It's okay I'm used to it." 

"Do you mind if I look at your tattoos?" 

I stretched out both my arms proudly showing off my tattoo sleeves I turned my arms over showing the other side of my arms. 

"How far up do your sleeves go?" Brandon asked, gazing at my tattoo sleeves. 

"Just to my shoulders." I answered. 

I lifted my arms up and showed the back of my arms I put my arms down. 

"What was your first tattoo?"

"The portrait of Brandon Lee as Eric DRaven from The Crow was my first tattoo my second tattoo was Harley Quinn and The Joker the rest of the tattoos came later." 

"How old were you when you got your first tattoo?" He said. 

"I was thirteen I went behind my parents back and got the tattoo done by Breanna and Skylar's father free of charge." I explained. 

Later on, that evening I thanked Lexi and Justin for inviting me over for dinner Brandon walked me to my front door. 

"Is it alright if I give you, my number?" 

"I don't mind," 

I handed Brandon my phone he handed me his phone we typed in each other's numbers Brandon handed me my phone I handed him back his phone. I walked up the front steps I opened my front door and walked inside the house. I closed the door behind me and locked it Will waved at me from the couch. 

"Did you have a nice time?" William asked.   

"Yes, Brandon and his family are very polite and made me feel welcome unlike when I was dating Chad his parents were never welcoming towards me." I explained, sitting on the couch with him. 

"Dad took mom out on a date." 

"Okay," 

I left the living room I walked upstairs to my room and took a shower when I came out of the bathroom, I sat down in my moon chair and turned on my stereo I was listening to the local rock radio station 98 Rock. I was playing on my phone and noticed I had a text message I opened the message it was from Brandon. 

Brandon: Can we hang out tomorrow?

I texted back my reply. Later on, that night I was sitting up in bed reading I was starting to get tired I placed my bookmark inside the book and closed it. I reached over and laid my book on my bedside table and turned off the lamp I laid down in bed and drifted off to sleep.