Sunday Service: Poor But Rich

(01-17-2021) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Sermon of the Mount Series:
The Beatitudes: Poor But Rich=

*Matthew 5:1-3
"1 Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him,
2 and he began to teach them saying:
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed: Latin---> "beatus" (beatitudes)

Kayamanan
Katungkulan
Kapangyarihan

"Blessed means inner satisfaction and sufficiency that did not depend on outward circumstances for happiness."

Poor: Greek --> "ptochos" (beggar)

Beggar:
-asking alms
-helpless
-powerless

*Matthew 5:3
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

"To be poor in spirit is to recognize your absolute bankruptcy before God."

*John 15:5
"... without me you can do nothing."

Three connected aspects of binding:
1. Connection. (United)

"Jesus and us must be connected together."
"Connection requires relationship."
"If there is no connection, there is no life, no fruit."

2. Dependence. (Rely)
"The branch is dependent on the vine, but the vine is not dependent on the branch."
"The branch receives its life and power from the vine."

3. Continuance. (Remain)
"Abide: Greek --> "meno" (remain, to stay, or to continue)
"Remain in Jesus."

*John 15:5
"... bearing much fruit."
   -Richness in the Lord.

1. Debt Paid.
*Romans 6:23
"23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

*Romans 3:23
"23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

*Colossians 2:14
"14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

*1 Peter 2:24a
"24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

2. Total Transformation.
*Galatians 5:22-23
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

*2 Corinthians 5:17
"17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
   -Transformed Life

3. Victorious Living.
*2 Corinthians 2:14
"14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

4. We become part of God's Kingdom.
*Matthew 5:3
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Perks (Privileges) in Heaven:
1. We will live in mansion. (John 14:2)
"2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

2. Perfect place. (Revelations 7:15-17)
"15 Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
16 Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

3. We will live with the Lord.

What is "POOR IN SPIRIT"?
"I AM NOTHING WITHOUT GOD."

*

Proverbs 3:5-8
"5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

CODE C:
CO: Connected to Jesus
DE: Dependent on Him
C: Continuously loving and obeying Him.